News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

does anyone take drops for glaucoma? a tip

Started by driedout10, July 24, 2009, 04:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driedout10

I recently posted a request asking for advice as I've recently been described drops for glaucoma called Timolol and they're extremely stingy. I asked if anyone had any ideas for me about different types of drops for glaucoma that might not hurt so much. For the first time ever on this sight - no responses! I was shocked - is there no one who takes glaucoma drops? Do you suffer from the stinging? How do you cope? One idea that I read on another sight was to see if I can get them made at a compounding pharmacy where they could do it minus the preservatives to which I may have an allergy, causing the pain. I live in Canada and don't have access in my town to a compounding pharmacy, but I thought I would send this tip on if someone else out there can use it.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas.
Take care,
Chun

Chickpea

Hi Chun

Sorry to hear you didn't get any responses.  I don't take drops for glaucoma although my aunt does and she never had any problems.  However, I've read other people on this site talking about the need for preservative-free eye drops for dry eyes so there must be something in the preservative that affects Sjoggies.

Hope the drops help.

Take care - Chickpea

Dcstaggs

I'm running into the same problem.  I was recently diagnosed with glaucoma & he put me on latanaprost but it burnt my eyes due to the preservatives.  I'm now on Travatan which is a little better but my eyes are blood shot all the time & so dry.  I am going to ask him if they can compound a drop without the preservative but I'm going to give the Travantan a couple of more weeks.  I'll keep you posted and if you hear another medication that might help, please let me know.  Good luck! 😊