News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Feelings

Started by JJ, June 02, 2009, 07:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Maybe, now that I'm thinking about it, when things start to seem as if they are going to

get better people let down that guard of being strong and all the emotions they have

bottled in for so long start to flood out. I have been so worried for so long about my

daughter and now that it seems she is finally going to get the help she needs you would

think i would just be floating on air, joy beaming out of every part of me...but here I sit

just breaking down...cant stop crying or even stop feeling sorry for myself...I want to

apologize to everyone on this site for anything that I may have written that put a damper

on their day. Maybe I am just crazy...just so tied up in emotion right now..I hope everyone

has a great day and things are less stressful and painful. God Bless you all!

JJ

Scottietottie

Hi JJ   ((((((( hugs )))))))

I think you're dead right. Your emotions have been all pent up. There's been worry, frustration, anger etc etc and the battle to get something done.

I'm not surprised the 'dam has now burst'! 

There may be reluef that something is finally getting done, but it hasn't been done yet and you also know that the neuro is not happy with what has gone before. It'll take a while to let go the anger and you still have the stress and worry going on anyway.

You've nothing to apologise for - that's for sure. You are going through so much. I'm sure, that as a mother, you wish it was you going through it - and not your daughter.

All I can say is we're here when you want to vent. There are a lot of cyber shoulders to cry on.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Chickpea

Dear JJ

I didn't see this post before I replied to your earlier one.  You dear soul - there is NEVER any need to apologise to us for showing your feelings.  You're not alone in having this huge range of feelings, and you're not alone in trying to keep it together for everyone else.  You've been brave enough to tell us, and hopefully others will feel able to share too. 

My recent health stresses have been pretty overwhelming, but it was my worries about two of my children which made life really tough for a while.  Both issues are now resolved - and they were nothing like as major as your daughter's health - and suddenly I'm able to cry again.  In a funny way it's a relief.  I've been almost unable to digest food for a month and my doctor was wondering whether my SjS cns issues are affecting my stomach. Since having a very long cry last night I felt some of the abdominal pain shift a little.  It's too early to say whether this is the whole answer, but it certainly made a difference.

Thinking of you - Chickpea

Poochie

Dear JJ,
That's why they put pop-off valves on hot water heater.  When the pressure builds up to high, it lets go.  The same with us. 

This is just a release of all you pent up emotions.  Let it out, cry all you want or are able to.  When you finish, cool your face with a cool cloth, put your eye drops in, straighten your shoulders, put a smile on your face and get on with life.  You CAN do it.

Besides, that why we are here.  We all do it now and then to stay sane. ;D  More or less that's why I left in February, I hit my pop-off safety valve limit.  Between family problems, my health taking a dive and just things in general built up to where I could no longer handle it. 

Remember "When you're here, you're never alone!"

Huggles, Pooh


jonnell

Dear JJ, I know where you are coming from, I thought I would feel better when I found out what was wrong with Jenna,  But It just got more frustrating we so much want to take the pain away from our children,  but we are not miracle workers just mothers, who can offer love, support and a shoulder, just like the people Ive met on this site.   hugs and kissess    Jonnell and Jenna

Dolly Dimples

  Dear JJ, I am so happy that at last your daughter is getting some  help now.. I pray the Doctors will help make her more comfortable...

     I think that when one finally gets someone to believe  that their symptons are genuine, the relief just oozes out and it's then that the emotion oozes too..
     
                 I am so more emotional now than at any time in my life,  but coming here keeps me sane..
                            Hugs for you and your girl.. Dolly

eyeamdry

Dear JJ.

Just as everyone said!  Living with SJS and putting that together with all our other ills, family problems etc can sure be a boatload!  Let off a bit of steam--then keep on going.,  I do hope you're feeling better by now.  Lucy