News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Opthalmology Visit Update

Started by Patze, May 27, 2009, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiolady

Patze,

I felt my plugs in the beginning but now not.  I believe mine are EagleVison Plugs that sit on the top of the punctum.  I can see it.  It wasn't an overnight success for me either but with Restasis and time things are much more manageable.

I use Panoptyx moisture chamber glasses.  They are a life saver when you want to be outdoors.  I never realized how much and often the wind blows until I had dry eyes.  I bought mine at Harley Davidson Shop but Dryeyezone is a good place to shop and maybe you'll get a better deal.

Having severely dry eyes really interferes with your quality of life.  I sure hope your situation improves with time and effort.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Patze

Hi Anna,

You are so right, you really don't know until you have severely dry eyes, I'm still amazed.  I'm going to the local Harley Davidson Shop here tomorrow and see what they have available. 

Thanks so much for the info, as I have to be outside often during the week.  I've checked out Dryeyezone and that's a pretty neat place to peruse.

Doesn't seeing the plugs drive you bonkers some times?  I know they would me.  I'm looking to see if I can get the new version that is placed inside of the punctum; otherwise, I'd be too tempted to take them out. ;) :D

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

allium

Hello, Patze:

Sorry your eyes are worse.  Have you checked out the options that people have mentioned for moisture chambers/goggles?

I am interested in what you work out, as I have been told the same thing by my new opthamologist, who is a corneal specialist with an interest in dry eye conditions and treatments. He said "goggles, then everything else", which I'm finding impossible to comply with.  I wear a higher prescription, and even his own optometrist at the hospital wasn't familiar with any custom moisture chambers, and had no goggles per say that would effectively work over my glasses.  I've been told by four optometrists that wrap around glasses/sunglasses like Panoptex or Wileys will not work with my prescription strength because of the distortion.  They never heard of the eagle vision moisture chambers that attach to frames, or MEGs glasses, and weren't that interested to look at the material I had on them (derisive when they did).  REALLY frustrating.

Ohiolady, what sort of moisture chamber glasses do you have?  I'm wondering if a pair of safety glasses or if the  side shields can be placed on reg. glasses, and built up with weather stripping, foam, or the gaskets taken off swim goggles. 

I might have to make up something on my own using old rubber tires and twigs.  ::)

I hope enough people bother enough dispensers to make these products a reality for us, rather than an afterthought for lack of a profit motive (how many styles of frames does the world need, anyway?).

Keep us posted, Patze... hope you have luck with this.
Sheila

trector1955

Hello Everyone.
       I wanted to tell you that I brought a pair of sunglasses at Walmart for $9.99 you can also bry that on line . They fit right over my glasses and work great I use them when I am out side or If I am driving which is very rare. They are really good I will try to remember the name. They are from poloroid. Terriable speller and I can't see very good at the monment The eye dr. specialist found I have a cateract in my left eye. and I am on this med. Neomycin and polymyxin sulfates and dexamethasome ophthalmic ointment. boy does it hurt. I can only use it for 14 days and than go back and  see him to get the cateract removed I am only 53 so am sorta schocked.  after reading it seems like everyone has problems with the left eye. My eyes are so dry also. He wants to know why I can't seem to see very well. Its horriable. I have my two bottom tear ducks caterazed and plugs in the upper two. I have tears the leak from my face all the time. But I could see better than before I started this oitment. I feel like I have looked into a light bulb. goodness and to think I have 11 nore days of this. All I want to do is close my eyes. I have been going to eye drs for years now for my dry eyes. I was dxy with Sjogrens last summer. Well if any one has any questions about the glasses let me know I will look up name and let you guys know. They are wonderful, I brought a pair for my mother and she loves them cuz they go right over your glasses and they keep the wind out. cuz they are like wrap around but better.
Theresa

Bucky

Patze,

Ha, you SAID you were going to the Harley Davidson store to check out the glasses . . . be truthful, we know you wanted to take a spin on one of the bikes and make Kimbo jealous!!  LOL  ;D

Did you have any luck?

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Patze

#20
But of coarse I'll take a ride, any time, any place!  I'm a Harley chick from way back (not THAT far back! ;) :D).

Ah, just more money out of the old pocket...got to save for this pair! ;D


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

ohiolady

Patze,

I forgot to mention they are EXPENSIVE but well worth it in the long run.  Mine were close to $200.00 and I've had them for two years and hope they last for another 2-3 years.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62