News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

A Thought for you

Started by jonnell, May 27, 2009, 04:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnell

A washing

To my dear friends,

Just a little story to keep our spirits up.

A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Target. She must have
been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of
innocence.. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the
top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to
flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just inside
the door of the Target.


We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their
hurried day.. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound
and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world.
Memories of running splashing so carefree as a child came pouring in as a
welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.


The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all
caught in 'Mom let's run through the rain,' she said

'What?' Mom asked.

'Lets run through the rain!' She repeated

'No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit,' Mom replied.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: 'Mom, let's
run through the rain,'

'We'll get soaked if we do,' Mom said.

'No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning,' the
young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

'This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get
wet?'

'Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer,
you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!'


The entire crowd stopped dead silent.

I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes.

Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some
would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore
what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's
life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom
into faith.

'Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD
let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing,' Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they
darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their
shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they
were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way
to their cars.

And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can
take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can
ever take away your precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and
take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a
season and a time to every purpose under heaven..
I HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate
them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them. Send
this to the people you'll never forget and remember to also send it to the
person who sent it to you. It's a short message to let them know that
you'll never forget them.

If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in a hurry.

Take the time to live!!!

Keep in touch with your friends, you never know when you'll need each
other -- and don't forget to run in the rain !

Patze

Thanks Jonnell, that is such an inspiring story!  And yes, sometimes I need to get washed too! :D


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Katybarstool


wednesday mc haggis

Jonnell

Made me fill up that story did :)

  Makes me think of all the days my youngest and i skipped home from school and still do, ppl look at us as if it were something unacceptable.

  I said to my son let them stare they might have forgotten what its like to be young, but we havent .Weve skippe din rain, snow and sunshine, at my down times, in life, it alwasy gets my head straight, its true, ive been homeless, ill, financially stapped,cheated on ,  have had many things taken away over the years, but no one can take away my ability to take my sons hand and laugh, only i could do that.


   When you see life through the eyes of a child you see with 20/20 vision, theyre so much wiser than us

T x
 

jonnell

I thought I was the only one who skipped school with my kids.

seren

Jonnell..this is such a beautiful story, it 'warms the cockles of your heart' as we say in the UK, it also kinda reminds me of the scripture 1 Corinthians 13:13 'Faith Hope and Love..But the greatest of these is Love'

Paula (I also love skipping) X

jonnell

Wow Im glad Im not alone lol,  Hugs and Kissess  Jonnell and Jenna

mim

Well you made me blub !!!!!!

Mim xx

wednesday mc haggis

Quote from: jonnell on May 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM
I thought I was the only one who skipped school with my kids.

NO have faith there is a scottish woman as mad as yourself out there, or possibly as wise ;)

T x

Rhonda

Great story!  Thanks for sharing!

lilbitz

thanks for the story it made me cry which was nice since I have been without tears for almost 9 months.

lynnmarie219

Thanks for the story Jonnell...it was heart warming!

When you and T talk about skipping with your kids to school it reminded me of the saying.....

We do not stop playing because we grow old;

We grow old because we stop playing .


How true is that?

Poochie

Hello Jonnel, sorry I'm so late in welcoming you.  I've been reading the posts for several months now as I've healed.  I'm so glad you have found this site to be so helpful to you and your daughter.  These are great people and they will always help you if they can. 

Thank you for reminding me of this story.  It reminds me of the day I took my granddaughter to the movies and we came out into a downpour.  Like the little girl in the story, she wanted to run through the rain, but I hesitated due to the lightening and thunder.  But............................................we did it anyway and got soaked.  We also laughed all the way home. :D  I will remember that day for a long time.  :)

Hugs, Pooh

jonnell

Hi Pooh and thanks for the welcome,  this site is great I tell everyone about it, everyone is so caring and knowledgeable.  Hugs and kissess  Jonnell and Jenna