News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Anyone taking Kapidex for GERD?

Started by ohiolady, May 26, 2009, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiolady

Is anyone taking Kapidex for GERD?  I, currently, take Prilosec but still struggle with GERD problems.  I don't have a very good tolerance for other PPI's with side effects being too harsh.  The Prilosec has been the one that I can tolerate.  My son takes Kapidex and said it works so much better.  My question is, if anyone takes it, does it dry your mouth?  It has similar properties of the medicine Prevacid and that med dries my mouth terribly.

Thanks for any help.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Linda196

Anna, I have no personal experience with Kapidex, but PPI's are very individual, people who get great results from one, have no effect from another, and for many people the side effects caused by one are terrible, but they tolerate another one with no problem.

The fact that Kapidex is delayed release may help lessen side effects, and you may have a very good experience with it, but PPI's are more or less trial and error, like a lot of the treatments for SjS.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0

ohiolady

Thanks, Linda.  I think I will give it a try, it is the only way I'll know.  I'd sure be grateful if it helped my stomach.  I'll report back in case others may benefit from my experience.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

lynnmarie219

Hi Anna,

I don't have any experience with Kapidex. In fact I hadn't even heard of it before you mentioned it and I thought I had heard of and taken just about all of the meds prescribed for GERD at one time or another.  ;)

I would appreciate knowing if it does work for you if you try it.

Thanks for your help!

ohiolady

I'm reporting back on Kapidex.  I started taking 10 days ago after my doctor gave me some samples to try.  I will be calling on Monday for a prescription.  After two days, I could tell the medicine was going to help me more than Prilosec.  I've struggled with GERD since my Sjogren's diagnosis (rarely had heartburn before).  I have not noticed any side effects from the Kapidex.  If you have uncontrolled GERD, you may want to give it a try.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

lynnmarie219

Thanks for the report back on how you are doing on the Kapidex! I will definitely keep this in mind if I should need to change meds again in the future!