News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Dental/medical insurance

Started by jpd54, May 26, 2009, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpd54

Due to my Sjogren's, I need a lot of dental work done.  However, I don't have dental insurance.  Has anybody tried getting their dental work done through their medical insurance because it is caused by Sjogren's???

Thanks!

jpd54
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

Patze

#1
Hi jpd54,

I've had my mouth redone (2nd time), but I had it done with dental insurance, as my medical insurance would only pay for a couple of basic checkups/x-rays per year - that's about it.

Have you asked your insurance company?  Sometimes they'll work with you, my insurance company wouldn't because I'm sero negative, and even then, it would be a case by case basis.

Hang in there, good luck with the dental work, and let us know what your insurance company says.

Take care -

Patze    
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

LAU

have you looked into buying your own dental insurance? it would take like 6 months till they actually pay for anything though.