News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Helpful gadget for your hands

Started by Bucky, May 24, 2009, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucky

Hi  ;D

The other day I came across a fantastic find at a sale that I thought I would pass on to those who have arthritis or hand problems.  It's called "Enablers Lamp Switch Enlarger".  This comes in a 2-pack and it's a rubber triangle shaped piece that fits over the lamp switch that makes it really easy to turn the light on/off.  There is no electrical connections, you just push it over the existing lamp switch (although, I have seen where you CAN buy the whole piece where it would replace the lamp switch with one), this piece is much cheaper.   ;D

I found mine at a garage sale - new - unopened, for 25c.  It sounded interesting and I thought I would give it a try as some times it's really hard for me to turn the light swtch on. Wish they would have had more . . I would have bought them.

I've checked on-line to see how much these run (I've never seen them in the stores - although, I never looked for them) - I've seen them from $2.99 on up.

Just thought I would give you a heads-up on a really wonderful product that might make your life a little easier.   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

ktfabian

Bucky-

I'll have to keep an eye out for these.  My hands ache sometimes and turning the lamp switch is very painful, especially on older lamps with little switches.

Thanks for the heads-up,
Tracy
________________________________________________
55yo Sjogren's, Fibro, Selective IgM Def., back pain - fused L3/4-L5/S1,  Costochondritis, Achilles tendon tear,  cluster headaches
Plaq, Medrol, Vit D, Arava, Rituxan, Mobic, Evoxac, Tumeric 1000mg daily, Cymbalta, Fiorcet, Klonopin, Soma, pain med.

lynnmarie219

Sounds like a great idea Bucky...another good find for you!  :D

I have many catalogs at work with adaptive equipment in them...you would not believe what it available...but most of them also come with a pretty steep cost!

Patze

Hey Bucky,

Are you by chance a saleslady of sorts?  That or you have a radar (for finding things to help folks) going that the government would pay a small fortune for! ;) :D ;D

I'll have to find a few to buy for the parental units as they both have arthritis and this should help them a bit.  Thanks for the heads up!


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Bucky

I'm so excited . . . . today in the mail I should be receiving my box of "lamp switch enlarger" that I ordered on-line thru Amazon.  I'm going to be playing "Santa" when I go home to visit family next week.  When I go to visit my Dad, Aunts, Uncles and friends I will give them a package of "lamp switch enlarger".  I just love mine and I want to share my find with all of them.  I seriously doubt any of them even knew something like this exists (I know I didn't).  Since most of my relatives are in their mid 70's and older I'm sure this little device will make their life just a little bit easier.  Plus, it will have a two-fold effect . . . . 1)  easier on their hands to turn light switches on . . . . 2)  Maybe, they'll think of me as they turn on their lights.   ;D

It only ended up costing me $1.25 each pkg. (2 enlargers/pkg.) (plus shipping for the whole box) - which I didn't think was bad at all. 

Lynn, you can probably find some of those items in the catalogs cheaper on-line thru E-bay or Amazon.  Just a thought.   :D

Nah, Patze - I'm no saleswoman . . . well, I have been told I hold a mean garage sale!!   ;D

Bucky



Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)