News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

dry white gums?

Started by jas1223, May 22, 2009, 06:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jas1223

i have noticed that my gums are becoming white from dryness i guess
i was wondering if there is a gel or somthing that i could put on them at night to help with mositure

Leisa

Hi, I'm a newbie too. I would suggest that you talk to your dentist about the white gum issues. I'm not sure if you've been told that you must see your dentist more often as you are more susceptiple to decay. I now see mine every 4 months to hopefully avoid decay. Having the dry mouth means you don't have enough saliva to wash away some of the bacterias. Try to use some of the toothpastes for dry mouth like Biotene. It helps and is not as harsh on your teeth.
The only reason i know a little about this is i was a dental technician for 32 years. I hope you find this helpul.
Good luck with your journey with Sjs. This is a wonderful supportive group here. Welcome!

Epson

Wow, I thought it said "dry white gin", brain fooog :D

Dolly Dimples

#3
  Hi Jas,  I too think you should let a Dentist  or a Doc see the gums..

       Healthy gums are pinky colour, so this might even be a blood problem such as Anaemia

  For your dry mouth try Biotene Oralbalance gel,  which is  saliva replacement  ,that you spread around the mouth at bedtime, it helps me greatly..
                           Hope this helps, Dolly.
                                           

Patze

The others are so right, please do see your dentist about this.  I've gotten the "white" gums a couple of times and I could never figure out why either (this was before all of this mess started). 


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen