News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Problems with Lyrica???

Started by Kimi, May 21, 2009, 08:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimi

Has any one had problems with taking Lyrica? I took it this morning and less than an hour later I started to have bad upper body pain, as well as in the chest. I am still having it some tonight but have not take more of the Lyrica. I read this can be a more rare side effect and don't  know if I want to keep taking it. I am just wondering if any one else has had this happen and did it improve with taking it longer?? I am going to call my Dr in the morning and see what she says to do and will not take any more till after that if at all.

Kimi

marilyn143

I've been on the lyrica for about a year now and it has really helped the fibromyalgia more than I can say.I don't remember having more pain or any bad effects amazingly enough.I seem to react crazy to alot of meds.I did have to work up to a stronger dose gradually.I would definitly call your doctor though.I wish I could be of more help.

Patze

Hi Kimi,

I'm sorry that you're having a problem with Lyrica, but have you spoken to your doctor about this yet?  I'm interested as to what he says about it.

Take care and keep us updated, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

lesmom

Hi, Kimi,
I tried the Lyrica, but it made my fatigue and brain fog worse without taking away any pain. my GP switched me over to the Cymbalta for Fibro and that wasn't as bad.
I hope that you have talked to your dr. if you were having chest pains from it. There are different meds out there, its just finding "the one."

Good luck!
Hugs,
Leslie

dbab

Hi Kimi,

I pretty much had the same issues as Leslie with the fatigue and I was very 'spacey' (more so than usual lol). 

I hope you are able to find something that helps you, let us know what the doctor says.