News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Fatty pad on thigh or lymph gland?

Started by Katybarstool, April 11, 2009, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrigan

Hope you have a wonderful time in Rome and that some of the healing and power comes your way.  Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing all your news when you're back xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Katybarstool

Hi AIlsa

Just back from Rome tonight - absolutely shattered, but we had a wonderful time. We had an 'audience with the Pope' (all 30,000 of us) on Wednesday. That was a wonderful experience, knowing that all the people, from all different parts of the ,were there because they believed in the same thing.

While we were there I said a prayer and lit a candle for all my lovely Sjoggie friends.

We saw some beautiful churches - the Vatican church is unbelievable. There were at least a dozen masses all going on at the same time in different chapels, in different languages - amazing. There were three small boys - brothers aged, 7, 8 and 11 with us, all with health problems. They are alter servers at home, and served at our daily masses at the chapel in the hotel. On Thursday we had mass at one of the chapels in the Vatican, and the two older boys served. It was an amazing experience for them - how many other alter servers can say they have served at the Vatican. Their mum was so proud of them, and so were we all.

My mum is 75, and I worried about keeping up with her. She's not the easiest person to be with, but this week she was an absolute angel, even when I had to go to bed each afternoon, she just sat in the room and read her book. I think she was shocked at how tired I get, and how much trouble I have in the bowel department. Anyway, it was a chance for us to have some time one to one, and that's pretty special.

We managed a trip to the Trevi Fountain and the Colloseum. I feel so lucky to have been given that chance. Tis weekend I need to rest, as work beckons on Monday.

Hope you are well and happy.

Chickpea

Kathy - how good to hear about your trip to Rome.  I know you were very excited about it, and about the prospect of one-to-one time with your mum.

Thank you so much for thinking of us all while you were there.  It means a lot.

Thinking of you and hoping you have a restful weekend - Chickpea

JannaLee

Dear Kathy,

I know exactly what you are talking about when you say how amazing it was! 

I had the honor of singing for Pope John Paul II during World Youth Day (Denver, Colorado, US) more than 10 years ago.  It was a life altering experience to meet him and be near him.  I shall remember it for the rest of my life.

I am delighted you got to make this special trip.

Love to you, dearest.



Katybarstool

Janna

That must have been awesome. DId you sing as part of a choir, or solo?

Kathyx

JannaLee

#20
I did both.

I sang twice in a huge choir for opening ceremonies and a gigantic outdoor mass.  Something like 15,000 people at each.

I sang in a very small group of 5 vocalists (Soprano, Alto, 2nd Alto, Tenor and Bass) for private mass with the Pope officiating.

And I sang alone for him in an after dinner performance.

Coolest thing I ever did.

In fact, at a bridal shower recently we played a game that said to write an unbelievable truth about yourself and a lie.  Then everyone had to guess which was the truth.

Since I recently moved here and can no longer sing (stupid dry throat!)
I said, "I sang for the Pope."  and "I was a virgin when I got married."  They all guessed the virgin thing was the truth!

Katybarstool

Janna

We are online together!

You must be a very gifted singer to be part of such a group. I can imagine that must have been one of the best performances of your life.

I absolutely love to her beautiful voices singing. My voice is very deep, and not very musical, but I still go upstairs and sing my heart out to Songs of Praise on Sunday evenings. The family wear ear plugs ;D

What are you planning to do today? My middle son is 28 today, so he is going out with a few friends ad his younger brother for a meal. I'm going to look after the little ones. I haven't seen them for a week, so I'm dying for a cuddle.

Kathyx

JannaLee

#22
Happy Birthday to your son!  Can you believe so many years have past since he was tiny!?  I cannot wait for my boys to have some babies for me to cuddle!

Thanks for the "gifted singer" comment.  I love to sing but cannot do it any more.  I only do home bathtub concerts now days!

My son (who is graduating from college in a couple weeks) came home to surprise me for the weekend.

We went to see friends last night and had a wee nip of spirits!  He's still asleep this morning.

We have another party tonight!  I'm such a cheap date!  2 glasses of wine and I'm all done in.

Janna

My husband is an airline pilot and has a route to London these days.  Do you live near the city?

Katybarstool

Hi Janna

No, I don't, but if you could come to London, I would try to get time off work and get the train to meet you.

Yes, it seems only a short time since Philip was a baby. His birthday is a mixed blessing in some days, as he was born exactly one year to the day after my hussbies father died as a result of an accident at work. Philip has his grandad's middle name, Leon.

You know, I'm so proud of him. He's our middle son and was aa very ill child, with severe epilepsy. He didn't get good grades at school and left at 16. He's now 28, taught himself computer programming, trained as in micro-electronics, and last year finished a 3 year nightschool course to become an electrician. He flies off to Brussels on Monday for four days to repair some weighing equipment on huge wagons, that no-one else has been able to fix. You can bet your bottom dollar, he will. He's such a gifted young man, and I thank God that, after a poor start to his life, he has become such a clever young man.

Now all we need is a partner for him ...

I hope you son doesn't have a hangover today.

Kathyx 

irish

katybarstool, So glad that you had such a great trip. Hope the weather was good. Italy looks to be such a great historical place. Probably good that your Mom got see you operate on a daily basis as she will probably be more understanding now.

Janna, How great that you got to sing for the Pope--what an awesome experience.

As far as the shower and those 2 remarks go. You sang for the Pope, like yea right!!!! I can just hear that gals disbelief.

Take care gals. Irish ;D

JannaLee

#25
Kate,

Philip Leon has been on my mind since last night.  His story is quite remarkable.

I'm bustin' with pride over his life and accomplishments!

Janna

Katybarstool


Chickpea

Lovely to hear everybody's news sharing.  We're all so proud of you heading to Rome, Kathy!  Plus a birthday for your precious son ... so many of us here have 'big' children it's good to be able to share our joy in them.  When my children were little there seemed to be more opportunities to meet with other parents, but once they're adults it's not so easy.  Yet another joy to be found in SjS World, I suppose!  Another blessing where we didn't expect to find one.

Janna - do you think you could make it over to London with your husband some time?  We've been talking in the chatroom on Wednesday night (when most UKers can make chat time) about the possibility of meeting up some time.  Having you visit London might be just the catalyst we need.  I live in Brighton - just an hour from London by train - and if you flew to Gatwick rather than Heathrow I'd be even nearer!  Worth a thought?

Love to all - Chickpea

JannaLee

#28
I would love to meet up!

I'll look into it and get back to you!

Janna

PS This may sound silly and it's a LONG way to go, but I would do almost anything to get a REAL hug from a Sjogren's World member.  You are the folks who know me so well.  You know.... CryBaby Janna, RageFull Janna, Terribly Clever Janna (thank you for pretending on that one), Lonely Janna....the list just goes on and on...

Chickpea

Lovely Janna, kind Janna, clever Janna, thoughtful Janna, funny Janna ... hugs are waiting for you!

Chickpea xxx