News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Lingering cough after a cold

Started by Days Off, November 27, 2016, 06:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Days Off

Hey y'all!

Fortunately, my Sjogren's has been relatively tame in recent years.  After finishing work in Africa the end of last year, I stopped taking Plaquenile altogether per the advice of my rummy.  All is well except for a lingering, annoying cough that I can't seem to shake after getting over a respiratory tract infection.

The same thing happened back in January.  My wife was convinced I had pneumonia...but eventually the dry, unproductive cough went away.

Does anyone have some sort of magic remedy to help make this cough go away?

SunshineDaydream

To alleviate coughing, I drink warm water with lemon juice and honey. Another option, which I use at night so I can get to and stay asleep, is chloraseptic spray.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Days Off

Thanks for the tip SDD.

I don't cough at night...perhaps the humidifier helps with that?  It is only during the day and seems to gradually get worse as the day progresses.  Cough drops help to a small extent.

SunshineDaydream

A humidifier would definitely help with that, Days Off. During the recent season change from summer to fall, though, the humidifier wasn't enough for me so I had to pull the chloraseptic spray out of my bag of tricks and use it for a few days. It really helped to give my raw throat a rest. I have since adjusted and haven't had to use it lately.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic