News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Taking care of myself on Thanksgiving

Started by Nymph, November 24, 2016, 12:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nymph

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

I was supposed to go to my sister's, but they are all sick. I may go tomorrow if they seem to be recovering. For now I am just taking some time to catch up on rest, cleaning, planning, grading, online shopping, etc. I'm thankful for this reprieve!

Take care of yourselves during the holidays. You all are such a blessing to me!

hugs,
Nicole
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

irish

You have a great attitude. Sometimes we just have to lie low in the bushes and let our body rest and catch up. We hate to be alone on holidays, but it is what it is as they say. I was raised such that we were unable to get together with family on holidays and seldom had company but we learned to live with it.

So many people are taking advantage of the on line shopping today and good deals are to be found. Take care and have a good holiday weekend. Irish

jazzlover

Hope your day went well.

My husband is a musician and he played for a dinner today, which gave us a free meal as a side benefit. We sure are missing our family in another state, however! This is our 20th Thanksgiving away from family. Sigh.

All in all, it was a good day.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

Nymph

Thanks for your replies. It was actually very nice, and I got to visit briefly with my family over the weekend. Best of both worlds!
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot