News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Burning fatigued eyes

Started by Wal, November 13, 2016, 04:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wal

Any quick relief methods for burning fatigued eyes? Today my eyes were really dry in the morning. I pruduced a few crying tears mis-day and then they've been burning and fatigued ever since. I noticed the burning and fatigue last night as well. This is a new eye symptom as up to this point they've just been dry and scratchy😞

Pete0211

When my eyes burn, I use ketotifen fumarate (generic of Zaditor) drops, which tends to help, along with the regular lubricant drops for the dryness.
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

irish

Just place a wet cool cloth over your eyes and this will soothe them. Sometimes I will get burning in my eyes and later figure out that there has been fumes of some sort in the air. My eyes are very sensitive to fumes and will burn easily. Irish

SunshineDaydream

You might want to start your day by staying in bed a few extra minutes while using eye gel. Another thing I find helpful when regular lubricating drops are not sufficient is moving on to eye gel drops (Genteal). If that doesn't work or doesn't work well enough, I escalate to using a warm eye compress (Thermalon) and can further escalate to my Vicks personal steamer.

I find fish oil to be helpful, most noticeably ones by BioGanix - 2 in the morning to help get through the day and then 2 more around dinner time to carry me through until bedtime. I have a discount code for getting BioGanix through Amazon. If anyone wants it, send a PM to me.

Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Wal

Thanks for the suggestions everyone 😊

Lotus1

Do you think there would be any difference between using krill oil (which I use) and fish oil SunshineDaydream?

Lotus1

SunshineDaydream

Lotus, I don't recall the extent to which I researched krill oil and what I found out so I'm not really in a position to offer an opinion.
I know I researched flaxseed oil vs fish oil and decided to take fish oil and not flaxseed. After trying a few different brands, I found one that seems to work better than the others for me. I also take beta-carotene (10,000 iu per day, the tolerable upper limit) because it's supposed to be good for eye, mucus membrane, and tissue moisture.

SJS treatment seems to be a lot of trial and error. If your eyes aren't doing as well as you would like, doing a trial of fish oil instead for a couple of weeks could be worth a shot.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic