News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

what is the best alternative gel, for Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes

Started by Suloni, November 06, 2016, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suloni

We've been having a hard time finding  Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes,
Many stores are out of it.
i worry it will stop being produced.

Q1:
Do you know what severe eye gel has the same active ingredients, in the event i have to change products?

The 2 active ingredients in  Gen Teal Severe Gel Lubricant for eyes are:
carboxmethylcellulosesodium = 0.25
hypromellose= 0.3


Oily over the counter ointments cause a great deal of eye redness/ irritation.
Less viscose over the counter drops(like Bion Tears) do not seem to work over night.
Restasis does not seem to be activated over night. The 2 applications work well enough between the hrs of 8am and 9pm.
i rely on the Gen Teal severe gel to keep my eyes comfortable overnight.

Q2:
Does eye dryness peak at night?
If so, why?

Thank you for your help, sjogrensworld.

Kathy57

Hi,

I use Genteal eye gel as well, and sometimes I have to look around to find it.  I also bought it once on Amazon but it is too expensive there.  I was able to find it once as an add on item.

I am unable to find any other product like the Genteal eye gel.  I have looked but maybe someone else will come along and help us out?  I don't like the Genteal ointment because it is really greasy , but I really like the Genteal Gel.

It is perfect for overnight and when my eyes are really dry, I have used it during the day in between The eye gel drops.

I will be interested to see what others have to add.

Kathy
66 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, albuterol, Breztri,  Osteoporosis,

gurs

I know they were rebranding their product line, as I was having trouble finding their regular drops. I see alot of the gel on my michigan shelves. Contact the manufacturer and maybe they can give you a better answer.

Refresh PM ointment for sensitive eyes worked pretty good for me. Genteal gel a bit too thick.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Suloni

Thank you both.
i will try Refresh PM ointment for sensitive eyes, if i am no longer able to find Gen Teal Severe Gel, Eye Lubricant.