News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Could I have Sjogren's?

Started by Worrywart2016, November 06, 2016, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worrywart2016

Hello, I'm new here. I have been battling health issues since 2008. My symptoms include chronic stomach pains, joint pain, dry eyes and mouth, itchy skin, and a weird issue with seizures. The latest development about a year ago was a small painless lump under my chin at my jawline. Ultrasound shows it is not a cyst but the doctor refused to biopsy it because of the location. Over the past year it has grown. 5 weeks ago I got a cold that I just can't seem to kick. This cough as lingered way to long. I'm having difficulties breathing and I'm feeling incredibly fatigued. I have been to every specialist under the sun except a rheumatologist. A little background history, my mother and my sister both have rheumatoid arthritis to the point of disability. I'm just hoping to get some answers and see if I'm on the right track. Thanks.

warmwaters

Given the background with your mother and sister, I think it's worth checking with a rheumatologist. These various symptoms may be related, or may be a few different problems - it's hard to know. It could be Sjogren's, or one of many other autoimmune issues.

But it could be something autoimmune related, which rheumatologists know the most about.  If you haven't already had thyroid function checked, that's a common thing to assess, especially with the reports of fatigue.

The ongoing cough could simply be a bit of bad luck, an allergy, or even dry air as winter comes in.  It's a very general symptom, that could support a lot of different diagnoses.

You're in a tough spot that a lot of people go through - I know somethings wrong, but how do I find someone who can help me sort out the pieces  of the puzzle?   It's going to take time. Keep copies of your results, so you don't have to keep doing the same tests again and again.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Worrywart2016

Thanks for your time. A bit more history... I have had my thyroid tested multiple times. I've seen an endocrinologist a cardiologist and a gastroenterologist and a neurologist and no one can give me answers. I feel like I'm going crazy. I have also recently lost quite a bit of weight about 15 pounds. Leaving me at 96lbs on a good day. My appetite is normally really good and I can and will eat anything, but recently everything I put into my body, my stomach seems to get mad at me. So in turn my appetite is dwindling.  I'm an avid hiker and hike almost daily but when the fatigue kicks in this make getting out of bed difficult. Then there's the night sweats. Good god, the night sweats! To the point where I drench my clothes and have to change. This happens nightly. Did I mention I am only 34 and and I'm no where near menopause. Even after a shower or bath I drench my clothes for hours afterwards. I'm at a complete loss as to whst the heck is goingon but I need answers yesterday. I have a 10 year old son with autism that needs me healthy and present. Ugh. Feeling frustrated.  :(

warmwaters

Wow, even more pressure with a child who really needs you to be available. So sorry you're going through this.

I don't have specific clues (perhaps some others will), but just want to encourage you to keep trying to get answers.  It can be tough, and you may have some wrong answers along the way. But it's pretty clear something is going on.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers