News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Dr. Amy Myers SS protocol

Started by morganjen, November 03, 2016, 07:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morganjen

I've listened to many of her medical summits, and she really knows a lot about autoimmune disease, having Graves herself. Has anyone done her program?amymyersmd.com/2015/01/myers-way-approach-sjogrens-syndrome/

sickfck

Is it similar to the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol? I don't have a diagnosis yet, so I'm reluctant to make any permanent dietary changes just yet, but I'm experimenting. Lately I've been thinking of eliminating nightshades.  I've been trying to do gluten-free dinners, so have been having a lot of brown rice and potatoes, and whenever I do white potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, I notice debilitating fatigue the next day.  Making dietary changes is so hard because I work full-time and have a one year old.  I really can't imagine cooking two separate meals every night---one for me, one for my husband and daughter.  Gluten-free is easy, but then I'm reading we should be dairy free too, nut free, and now no more nightshades or any type of grain! Ugh.  So frustrating.  So just meat, fruits, and vegetables basically.  Just thinking about it stresses me out.  Good for you though, if you're able to do it! I'm still at the stage of building motivation....next stage will be trying to get my husband to accept that I can't eat dinner with the family anymore. 


SjoGirl

If you do a search on this site you will find many a conversation about various protocols and diets. The search box is at the top right of the screen.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

jazzlover

Just be careful of adding too many foods high in oxalates or salicylates. I tried to "eat healthy" to heal and have now crashed.

I am salicylate sensitive, forced to eat low oxalates and low histamine.

I was low nightshades for years and that does indeed help.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease