News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Physical activity and symptoms

Started by Sharon, October 29, 2016, 03:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

Do anyone's symptoms suddenly worsen after physical activity?
Mine do after nearly any physical activity, no matter how light.
It causes a flare in eye dryness, joint pain, fatigue and dizzyness.
I've never heard of this being a symptom of autoimmune disease... ???
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Deb 27

Often, it makes me very tired and achy, even a little physical activity. I don't think it increases the dryness though. I am thinking of joining a gym to see if I can lose some weight and increase my strength. Going to give this a try as I've gained so much weight.   I'll let you know how it goes. I am going to have to start out very slow.  If nothing else, I feel like I need to increase my strength. If this doesn't work, I swear I am considering getting some pharmaceutical help.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

Sharon

I have such exercise intolerance that the idea of joining a gym
is beyond me, but I hope it works out for you Deb! A brave idea.
What pharmaceutical help even exists for this situation?
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

eija

Look up ME/CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome). Excessive excercise intolerance is one symptom for that. Also happens in Fibromyalgia, but not as badly as in ME/CFS.

Female, 52, in Finland
Sjögren's, fibromyalgia, Hashimoto, depression, migraines, pressure urticaria, mild Raynaud's, MCS...
Cymbalta, Tyroxin, Oftagel drops

SunshineDaydream

That's not uncommon in people with lupus.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

WhatYouSjo

I find that exercise actually helps reduce my symptoms, as long as I don't overdo things. It's one reason that I resisted an initial diagnosis of CFS/ME. I try to exercise daily as it helps me generally feel better. I find that sitting in one place for several hours tends to increase my aches and pains.

I would echo eija - your exercise intolerance sounds more like CFS/ME and/or fibromyalgia. Still, we are all different and experience SS in different ways, so it could be related.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, moderate exercise, select supplements, helminthic therapy, & LDN. My treatment regimen

My website has posts on research and news.

Sharon

Thanks guys,
Exercise intolerance is also a symptom of Mast Cell Disorder,
an additional diagnosis I'm pursuing.
I just don't know which symptoms are coming from which condition anymore.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....