News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Continuing, stopping Prednisone 10mg

Started by GgcJap, October 27, 2016, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GgcJap

Hi shebelle,
     I have never heard of prednisone in drop form. Glad to hear that it worked though. Did your mouth recover after getting the implants? No charge to you sounds great! One of the very few I bet.

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

gurs

Shebelle,

How in the heck did you get implants covered? did they send it through your medical then? If so, may I ask what health care
plan you have? sure alot of us curious to know. Im not a candidate for implants, but I barely have any teeth left, and cant keep spending thousands on the teeth I do have.


Ggcjap,

Yes, I have systemic candida. Ive had it for years and it got very bad where it was in my esophagus. My doc has me on 100mg of diflucan daily and I also take nystatin oral powder, along with tons of probiotics and some other yeast fighting supplements.
I still get yeast, but it seems to be manageable.

gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

GgcJap

Hi gurs, sorry to hear about your candida, I'm guessing it's not as easy to get rid of as the diet ppl would have us believe. I've seen the diet in my travels and sometimes wonder if I too have it. I'm also worried I have leaky gut and have heard that if you have leaky gut then you def have candida. Don't k ow how much truth there is in that though? Is there a standard test I can have to find out if I have candida?

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

gurs

I think alot of us with SS have candida issues...My doc can run some blood work to see if its active infection or not, and if I see more thrush in my mouth and my stomach is more upset than normal, I chalk it up to more yeast.

Sure the leaky gut goes hand in hand with all of it. I think my stomach is my biggest complaint out of everything.
I have gastroparesis so it makes it even harder. Nothing wants to move or digest. Ive tried so many things. One thing I can
say is I take tons of different digestive enzymes that seem to help.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

GgcJap

Hi gurs,
    I might ask my dr about tests for candida next time I see him. I've have rashes that come and go, rumbling stomach and very slow bowel movement. What used to be everyday is now every three or four days. Sometimes I have to use laxitives.

     I think the AI diet has helped with my stomach somewhat but it's far from good. Gastroparesis doesn't sound too good at all. I would also like to try digestive enzymes. I've read a lot of good things about them. Are they OTC or rx?

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

gurs

Make sure your not eating too much fiber. It can really be binding. You can find a good digestive enzyme at your local health food store.
I take around 5 different ones...about 30 minutes before eating.

You might also ask the health food store about a candida/yeast supplement. There are several. I take one made by NOW
called Candida Clear.

Good luck

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

GgcJap

Hi gurs,
     I was taking fiber supplements until about 4 days ago, good thing I stopped I think. I'm yet to find a good health food store in Japan but that's my goal for this week end. I'll see if I can find at least one digestive enzyme. I might be able to get the candida supplements online. A lot of the supplements I use now are made by Now. I haven't tried too many but hey seem to be ok.

Thanks for the help gursie it's much appreciated.

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

gurs

NOW also makes some digestive enzymes. I order alot of my supplements online via Iherb..

Hope you can find something that works for you.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

GgcJap

38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

Sharon

Hi GgcJap,
Wondering if the Prednisone 10mg has had any beneficial effect on you yet.
I was in the same situation taking 10mg with no effect and decided to stop it after a week of disappointment, but do wonder if it can actually "kick in" after taking it awhile.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

irish

Five days of 10 mgm of prednisone will not do much of anything. The 10 mgm everyday has to be taken for a longer period of time to show any improvement. The prednisone given for a 5 days dose is usually 40 mgm or so--5 days and then done. This can show some improvement in an improvement in some inflammatory issue that is not too in depth.

It is hard to tell what works and when as there are so many ways to take it and for so many different reasons. Three weeks of 10 mgm is not going to cause much of anything for most people. It is the longer term use that brings the side effects. The one thing to do is to always take the prednisone with food in order to protect the lining of the stomach. Also, watching for improvement on a daily basis will drive a person up a wall. One needs to wait until more time has passed as the issues with autoimmune disease can change from one hour to the next. Good luck all. Irish

GgcJap

Hi Sharon,

As I had no aches and pains to start with I don't ha e anything to go off except my dryness. It seems to very slightly be getting better. Yesterday I only used 3 salagen(as opposed to my 5~7) one when I woke and one before sleep and one during sleep. I only woke once last night to put in eye drops(usually 3 or 4 times) I'm finding I have a very very little bit of saliva during the day, which I didn't before, not enough to spit but my mouth is wet.  when taking salagen it hasn't increased though.(Salagen hasnt been working for me like it did when I first started taking it) Can't if it's due to rest(was my day off yesterday) the food I'm eating or the medicine or supplements. I'm at work today and it seems a little bit dryer than yesterday. Have to wait at least the 3 full weeks before really k owing I guess.

Hi Irish,
     I think that's the doctors plan to keep me on it longer than the 3weeks. I can't tell at this point if it's had an effect or not but my dryness at the very end of salagen, or after it wears off is slightly, oh so slightly better. But like everyone says it goes up and down so can't tell yet.
I ordered my plaquenil yesterday so hopefully that does something eventually too.

I'm taking all medications with food and trying not to overthink things, sometimes easier said than done. Patience is a virtue.

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil