News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Gabapentin God Send

Started by SjoGirl, October 06, 2016, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SjoGirl

I know some on the list have struggled with this drug, but for those wondering about possible positives I can attest that this drug has been a god send.

I can sleep for the first time in years without nerve pain. I am also taking a dose in the a.m. and can make it through the day with less nerve pain. I also feel far more energetic than ever, no running laps or anything, but I can make it through the day and stay awake until a descent hour.

I have been blessed with few side effects and hope it keeps working.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

warmwaters

I'm so happy you've got something that works.
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

Carolina

Sjogirl, it's the same for me.  I thought it might have been causing my Myoclonus and was cutting back when outrageous sciatica hit in July.  A few sleepless nights from agonizing pain and I realized it was NERVE pain, upped the Gabapentin again, added more Medrol to reduce inflammation and with total inactivity (no upright posture which aggravates the issues with my spine) I'm pain free.

I have surgery on Tuesday for the problems (I hope) and once things have calmed down I will once again investigate if the Gabapentin is indeed causing the Myoclonus (4% of people on Gabapentin and Lyrica experience episodes of Myoclonus, which are like mini seizures.  I've fallen 3 times in the past 3 months, very heavily, but no serious injuries).

But the Gabapentin (which I take for small fiber neuropathy) is indeed a godsend.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

Madison Granny

I have been on 100 mgs of gabapentin for over a year and my rheumy just upped my dose to 200 mgs.  She told me that I could go up to 300 if I needed it but for now 200 at night is enough.  It is so nice to be able to sleep with out the nerve pain.  I have nerragalia from shingles on my forehead and it has helped that as wee.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

Carolina

Oh, I forgot to say that I take 3600 mg a day.  gobs and gobs...........

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

Deb 27

Glad it's working for you. Nothing like a good night's sleep.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

jazzlover

Keep the dosage as low as you can. Fewer problems.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

SjoGirl

jazzlover, thanks. I'm sticking with 200 a day, 100 at night and 100 in the morning. Rheumy suggested upping at night, but I am not sure why because he said it won't last into the day time.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.