News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

so tired...so sleepy

Started by eye2dry, October 01, 2016, 06:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eye2dry

hello to all.

For the past 2 weeks I cannot keep my eyes open. I just sleep

and sleep and get up so tired. I sleep 12 hours at night and 6 hours

during the day...all at one time. I ache in my body like I have a virus

but no fever. I am hungry...I eat the food...but it all taste terrible.

I am behind in everything....nothing is interesting to me.


I know we're headed into fall....days shorter etc....but I feel

it's my sjogrens doing this.  This is nearly as bad as in the beginning

of 2010 with my diagnosis.


yes,  I am complaining.

shelly
medications: synthroid- meloxicam- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

ohiolady

Shelley, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.  I feel your pain because I have had one of those weeks too. But, sleeping eighteen hours a day is pretty severe and I would think you would need to get in to see your Rheumatologist.

Hope you get to the bottom of what is going on.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Joe S.

I would suggest your GP. You will get in faster.

I experience PTSD and depression. My depression will cause me to sleep most of the time on some days. A weather change can trigger a pain flair for me and that will send me to bed also.

Take care of yourself and see your doctor for a Dx.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

susanep

We got some cooler weather, and oh wow did I start hurting all over, and in the bed. Now I am not looking forward to the winter. I forgot how bad I ache with cooler weather.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Carolina

dearest Shelly, complaints welcome here!   This is how we ask for help, because we need it.

I don't see what medications (if any) you are taking, so I'm not sure what advice is going to be helpful.

But of course not knowing exactly what's required has never stopped me!   :o

1.  You must see your doctor, of course.  ASAP

2.  In my entirely non-medical status, and barring other illness, I would say you are in a flare. Your Sjogren's may be (MAY BE) progressing. 

The primary components of a FLARE are:  Profound Fatigue, Pain (Myalgia, body pain like the flu), and Depression.

A flare occurs when your auto antibodies are attacking your organs/systems, which causes Inflammation.

The Inflammation causes: Fatigue Pain and Depression.

3.  A Prednisone taper (RX from MD) would interrupt the inflammation and give you relief.  IF you can tolerate the Prednisone.  Of course I don't know what you're taking now, so this is just a thought on my part.

4.  At this point in my Immune Disorder, my mouth has an awful taste, and food has very little taste.  So I prefer sweet things, which aren't good for me, sigh.

Please see your doctor(s).  Your symptoms sound like a flare, but could be many conditions and I'm not qualified to give you advice beyond what has worked for me.

The sleeping is unusual, even for my worst flares.  But as I said, please see your doctor.

KEEP US POSTED.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

ohiolady

Shelly, I was thinking your thyroid levels may be off????  It would be worth checking.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

SjoGirl

Sorry to hear this Shelly. Were there particular steps you took the first time around that if repeated might help this time?
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

eye2dry


Hello to all.

Thank you to all who gave me help/advice on my post. (complaint)

Ohiolady----I last saw my rheumy in June and we decided together
that I was doing well and I asked to d/c the MTX and he agreed.
He mentioned that maybe for me that Plaquenil and prednisone
might be tried in the future if I need it. I think my thyroid labs
were done a few months ago and were good.


Joe----I take the Cymbalta for depression and joint pain. It could be
that I need a change of meds or an addition of another antidepressant.
It's true my symptoms are typical depression symptoms. I do have a
light box that I am going to take out from my closet and use starting
today. Also, I think I may start with my GP first as you mentioned.

Carolina---Thanks for bringing to my attention that I have no meds
listed. I take quite a few supplements also. I mentioned to my GP
3 years ago that I was so sleepy and he suggested a sleep study,
have you ever had one of those? (my meds are now listed)

Sjogirl---In 2010 was my first bout with intense fatigue along with
right hip and feet pain. I was treated with injections to joints,
prednisone and Plaquenil. A few years later my GP added the
Cymbalta for joint pain and depression. In 2010 it was
also discovered I was hypothyroid and was treated with
synthroid. I have been anemic off and on for years but
it has ok for a few years now. When I was in the hospital for
3 days in May d/t inflammation of my entire colon with
bleeding my labs were all normal or close to normal.


You  guys are the best !!

shelly
medications: synthroid- meloxicam- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***