News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Lotions?

Started by DeadGirl75, September 20, 2016, 07:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadGirl75

I can't seem to find a lotion that will stop my skin from drying and flaking. Do you have any OTC recommendations? Or is this something I'll need a prescription for? Thanks.
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

Joe S.

I do not know if this will help, but you could try Magnesium oil.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

susanep

I am always trying to new lotions and creams. For my face the creams work better, because of their richer consistency. Other lotions I use for rest of body. One thing I do like is for soap I love using the glycerin soaps. It was recommended by the health department. It somehow doesn't dry skin like regular soap.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

cccourt1942

Cetaphil.  Comes in a thick cream or lotion. Also a gentle cleansing bar w'out soap.
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

SjoGirl

I use only body washes with lots of emollients, Cetaphil only for very delicate areas, and facial wipes with emolliants to remove make up (or Cetaphil in the a.m.). I tend not to use lotions, rather try to use body butter.

Cerve makes a very good line of product for cleansing and for very dry skin.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

DeadGirl75

Quote from: Joe S. on September 20, 2016, 08:25:13 PM
I do not know if this will help, but you could try Magnesium oil.

For the body or face? I can't use things on my face because I break out.
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

DeadGirl75

Quote from: susanep on September 20, 2016, 11:33:45 PM
I am always trying to new lotions and creams. For my face the creams work better, because of their richer consistency. Other lotions I use for rest of body. One thing I do like is for soap I love using the glycerin soaps. It was recommended by the health department. It somehow doesn't dry skin like regular soap.

susanep :)

Face creams of any type are out. I can't handle them. I can't even wear make up. I'll check into glycerin soaps. Thanks!
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

DeadGirl75

Quote from: cccourt1942 on September 21, 2016, 12:47:37 AM
Cetaphil.  Comes in a thick cream or lotion. Also a gentle cleansing bar w'out soap.

This is otc? I have Aveeno, but I'm shedding like a lizard!
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

DeadGirl75

Quote from: SjoGirl on September 21, 2016, 12:40:26 PM
I use only body washes with lots of emollients, Cetaphil only for very delicate areas, and facial wipes with emolliants to remove make up (or Cetaphil in the a.m.). I tend not to use lotions, rather try to use body butter.

Cerve makes a very good line of product for cleansing and for very dry skin.

My legs are the worst, my arms next but I can't use anything on my face. I have to be very careful or I'll break out in a rash. I can wear make up but it makes my eyes feel weird, so I don't wear it often, even then it's eye shadow and lipstick only. No other types.
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

Joe S.

For the body. I use it on my legs. it is like soaking in an Epsom salt bath.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

irish

If you are shedding like a lizard I would advise you to see a dermatologist. There are many reasons for shedding skin and dryness is one of them. There are also other conditions that can involve the way that the body makes skin and we have several layers of dermis that are involved in this.

There are other autoimmune diseases that can affect the way we make new skin and the way that we shed our old skin. A dermatologist could diagnose these conditions and also could order creams that would help. You would be money ahead to line yourself up with a good dermatologist as autoimmune diseases often involve the skin. You would be amazed at how involved these docs can be with our treatment. They are internists who specialize in the skin. Good luck. Irish

SjoGirl

Cetaphil is OTC as is CereVe. I agree with Irish, might be worth seeing a dermatologist. While my skin became very dry it never shed.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Nomad

#12
I like Cetaphil and Cereve. I like almost all products by Neutrogena.

I like a foot cream by origins that is absolutely out of this world. It has the word "heel" in it. It is the only thing that works well for my feet. It is expensive. And it is hard to find the stores. This is simply because there aren't too many brick and mortar Origin stores.  But, once or twice a year they have an excellent sale and I try to stock up.  I also sometimes buy them as presents for female friends and I always get incredible feedback. I've gotten it on line before, particularly if they have some kind of deel.

Very recently, I boght vitamin C serum for my face and love it.
It is a low percentage, so it is not too costly. Both my husband and I are using it and we are shocked. Within two days, our faces looks firmer.
Additionally, I use neutrogena Pore Refining Moisturizer on my face, on top of the Vit.C Serum.
I LOVE this. It is not expensive and I get it at Walgreens or CVS. I only use a little. It makes my skin on my face soft.
I put this Neutrogena cream on top of the Vit C serum (face) and my husband puts a Cereve cream on top of the Vit C serum (face). both of us are getting excellent results.
I use regular creams on my body like Cetaphil or Cereve.
And then I use the special cream from origins on my feet.

If you find a foot cream with Urea in it, it will usually be very very good. I have found them now and again at CVS. I wait for those 20% coupons and check the labels carefully looking for Urea. I buy that for a special relative and she has had very good luck with those. (Can't recall the brand right now. But, if it has Urea it is good).
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

cccourt1942

The same dermatologist who said "cetaphil"  advised I use Neostrata facial cream.  I still use it..and now you can get it OTC.  I use Neostrata Ultra moisturizing cream.  I wear make up seldom as it gets in my eyes.  Just sayin' that's what a derm advised me to do.
c3
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

bluegardenia

Nomad which os the vitamin c serum name please?
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds