News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Heading to Seattle and hoping for answers...

Started by trc1962, September 17, 2016, 02:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trc1962

So after dealing with neuropathy since June that is spreading I am finally able to head to Seattle for help next week for a rheumy appointment. I have received little help here in Spokane. I was supposed to have an EMG in late June but the neuro said it wasn't necessary and he refused to do one. I had a punch on the skin but it was "inconclusive." My insurance would only allow me to stay local and it took all this time to convince them I couldn't get help here. The neuropathy started in my feet and moved up my legs and the back and now is up my neck and on my head. It has mean't just surviving and teaching (my job) however I have been able to. I have autonomic issues; non stop sweating, my stomach doesn't empty and it takes 2 suppositories a day to have a partial bowel movement. I need an EMG and hopefully the rheumy will look at things and agree. Hoping for answers and maybe some treatment that might help reverse this stuff. It has reversed before so I am hopeful for a partial recovery and the ability to have a life again. On a positive, my insurance will upgrade in a big way October 1st, so better coverage for treatment. Wish me well!! I am tempted to send whatever findings to the neuro who has just let me suffer, but the truth is he really doesn't care anyways.

irish

Good luck to you as you try to get help with all your issues. This has been so hard on you so I hope the doctor immediately gets the picture and doesn't give you any hazzles. Good luck. Irish









Sooki

I hope you have a good experience in Seattle and find a great rheumy who can help.  Seattle is a good place for rheumatologists!
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

Joe S.

bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SjoGirl

Best wishes for finding some helpful answers in Seattle!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

Kathy57

I also wish you a good experience in Seattle.

My stomache is very slow emptying as well, and I try to eat small, healthy meals.  If I eat a normal size meal - I pay for it and never before bed!  Sometimes it is hard to keep food out of my mouth😉.

Someone on this forum suggested Magnesium Citrate tabs and I take 2 (200 mg) tabs before bed each night and I find it works like a charm. Sometimes I just take one but most of the time I take two. You might like that better than the suppositories.

Just a suggestion.

Kathy
66 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, albuterol, Breztri,  Osteoporosis,