News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Surgery set for October 11: On my way

Started by Carolina, September 12, 2016, 11:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susanep

Hey sweet lady. While you are waiting just do as many nice things for yourself you can think of. Reading something you love while relaxing. Eating some special desert you want. Call some friend you can laugh with. Buy something pretty over the top that you wouldn't normally buy. You get the idea.  :)

We all love and care about you.

Hugs,
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Carolina

Hi susanep,

I'm doing my best...but even reading, watching great TV series, eating eating eating, friends, and shopping (my fav activity) get old after a while.

I do get to the pool for exercise a bit.  I am managing my pain pretty well.

I do think the steroid is giving me an ulcer, or at least heartburn.  I take Omeprazole and still I have pain.......

Really this does get old, doesn't it.   I have this feeling that if I live long enough I will get 'one of each' of the conditions!

I do think I am focussing far too much on my own health these days..trapped as I am.

Well, you are all THE VERY BEST!

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

gurs

Hope all goes well and you heal fast Elaine!

Yes, thanking god for having TV and now Netflix!!!! my best friend!!!!!

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Nymph

Dear Elaine,

Praying for a smooth surgery and successful outcome for you. I haev not been here and was unaware that you had become so unwell. I'm so sorry for all that you have been through and hoping for brighter days ahead.

Love and hugs,

Nicole
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

SunshineDaydream

October 11 is almost here. Pretty soon you'll be able to count the number of days left on two hands, and then one.

Being in bed for an extended period of time can be tedious even though you have things to do, read and watch. I'm glad you have been able to get out for some exercise.

Wishing you all the best and hoping post-surgery will bring mobility and comfort.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Carebear

Elaine, I sure hope your surgery went well.  I've been thinking about you and your recovery.  Wishing you well.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Carolina

Dearest Sjogren's Angels,

SURGERY, The surgery went very well on Tuesday.  i did stay that night, which was good because I needed a little oxygen or so they thought.  I don't even remember going in to surgery (and the dreaded "slide over onto the operating table")

PAIN MANAGEMENT:  I had a Fentanyl pump for the first 12 hours or so. They were completely on top of my pain.  I was sent home with Flexeril, Demerol, and a Fentanyl patch which will last for three days, some antihistamine, and Senokot.

THE HOSPITAL:  Being in the hospital is so different since the last time I was in overnight, in 2000.  The nurse was always there the minute I called.  I was given a large menu for all meals, and could pick and choose what I wanted.  I could call and order room service any time, but an employee with an iPad came and meal time to take your order.  Food was good and served quickly and all at the right temperature.

There were aways crackers, sodas, and ice cream at the nurses station, as well.

There were more gadgets and I had many wires and lines, and monitors  than I've ever had...the leg pumps are so much quieter.  My bed was wired so it beeped if I got out of bed!  I just put my feet on the floor so I could get something off the bedside table without twist and the beeping started!  I called to see what the beep  ing was.

I could check out any time, and my doctor kept checking in on me. Everyone was so attractive bright and helpful. I set up PT and OT for AT HOME.  All in all it was a great experience.

Part of this amazing service by amazing and attractive people is that Duke is very prestigious, and the area is attracting so many young people, so that combination is very good for me as a patient.

I can't Bend, Lift or Twist, so I have had to call in my husband a great deal.

Did the surgery solve my sciatica problem?  I don't know for sure yet because I haven't been standing and walking for 10 minutes, that's when the sciatica starts.
But I should know soon.  And my ''sense' is that it did work.

The one thing I really want is to wash my hair!

Hugs, Elaine






Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

Jenny

Awesome news!  Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you feared. I remember not being able to wash my hair was one of the worst parts. I usually wash every day or two. Also the BLT (bending, lifting, twisting). Always reminded me of my favorite sandwich. Keep up the good work!
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

ohiolady

Great news, Elaine.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Kathy57

Elaine,

I'm wondering how your surgery went?  I hope all went well and that this surgery will get you back on your feet without all that pain.

I fell in the locker room yesterday on hard concrete floor and boy did that hurt my lower back!  I was hurting and in pain but all I could think of was that, "I hope nobody saw this and I hope I didn't do any serious injury!" 

Actually I was putting my bathing suit on and went to sit back on the bench ( except there was no bench there!). I bet it was hilarious for anyone who saw me😂😱.  Anyway, I realize how lucky I am to be able to get up and hobble away.  I've been using ice, Tylenol and ibuprophen.

Anyway, I have been wondering how everything went for you. Isn't it funny how or why we think of each other?  If you don't laugh then you cry, my mother used to say.

Hugs, prayers, and good thoughts coming your way!

Kathy


66 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.&nbsp; Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, albuterol, Breztri,  Osteoporosis,

Nomad

Very glad the surgery went well, you are in a fabulous place and are on the mend!!!!!
Blessings!
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

Kathy57

Elaine,

I see you did post that your surgery went well.  Sorry, I must have missed the second page cause I didn't see that at first.

So glad it all went well and you are at home.  Sounds like you had fabulous care.  That's great!

Hope all continues to go well.  Thanks for keeping us posted👌😃.

Kathy
66 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.&nbsp; Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, albuterol, Breztri,  Osteoporosis,

irish

Glad that your surgery went well and that your are home and in good shape. And, yes, hospitals have changed a lot and all that change has kicked the cost up a notch. Hopefully you will be up and walking without pain in no time at all. Good luck. Irish

Deb 27

Elaine, many thoughts and prayers that your surgery was successful and you will feel much better with no pain!!!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

angeldancer

Elaine,  I just got back on and read about your surgery.  I pray all is well.  I pray that your pain gets alleviated and you are able to move around.  I pray for your peace of mind that everything will be ok.  I pray for your future that something each day will bring you a smile.  That smile will help with the pain.  I pray for you as the wonderful person you are and that healing happens.

Angel dancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,