News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Series of weird - next part. Heart pounding

Started by eija, September 10, 2016, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eija

Yet another weird thing: When ever I eat something, anything at all, but like a normal size meal, slightly after that I notice my heart is pounding heavily. Not necessarily faster than normal, but heavily, so that I can really feel it, almost hear.


Any insights to this?



Female, 52, in Finland
Sjögren's, fibromyalgia, Hashimoto, depression, migraines, pressure urticaria, mild Raynaud's, MCS...
Cymbalta, Tyroxin, Oftagel drops

Scottietottie

Hi  :)

My heart felt like that when my thyroid meds needed adjusting. I needed less all of a sudden.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

JoanElizabeth

I know some people with POTS get palpitations after eating so maybe its some odd manifestation of autonomic neuropathy.
pSS, Autonomic Neuropathy (POTS and Gastroparesis), and Celiac Disease
Imuran, Prednisone, Celebrex, Pindolol, Florinef, Mestinon, Zofran, Amitriptyline, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B Complex, Co-Q10
Feeding Tube and IV Fluid Dependent

jazzlover

I'm the weird one. Foods high in histamine can do that to me .. as well as foods high in salicylates.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

SjoGirl

Some books that I have read about food allergies claim that things like heart palpitations and other symptoms are a sign of a food allergy.

Does this happen no matter what you eat or just with certain foods?
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

eija

Scottie, true... I should get my thyroid levels checked. It's been a while since the last time...


JoanElizabeth, thanks for the idea. However, I don't think I have autonomic neuropathy. But that can probably be true for those who do have it.


Jazzlover, SjoGirl, Histamines and food allergies again. Sigh. I need to start writing down what I eat when it happens. Now for a while I haven't had that anymore - except after coffee, but that doesn't count because that's normal  ;D  Thanks for the idea!


Right now I'm in a fair amount of pain, my stomach is upset, I'm crazy dry (because of having to pop the darn antihistamines for so long) and my chemical sensitivity is going wild, so I'm having a hard time (again) figuring out what's the reason for each problem. It would be so much easier if every symptom came with a label stating the reason for it!

Female, 52, in Finland
Sjögren's, fibromyalgia, Hashimoto, depression, migraines, pressure urticaria, mild Raynaud's, MCS...
Cymbalta, Tyroxin, Oftagel drops

gurs

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! sounds like POTS. I was diagnosed around 4 years ago. Then, about a year ago, it seem to calm down all the sudden. I was eating more potato chips(salt) thinking it helped...We'll, I had sinus surgery a month ago, and as soon as I woke up, my body was shaking and going crazy. A few days later, all my POTS symptoms came back big time and have not left. Everytime I eat, or get the slightest emotion of any kind, I sweat, get dizzy etc. Another thing I have now is higher BP? Ive been so miserable. My moods are just horrific..trying to stay away from everyone.

I know there are trigger foods too...everything seems to bother me?

Anyways, you might want to speak to a cardiologist who specializes in POTS if it gets worse for you.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

ohiolady

I have gastroparesis and my heart rate often elevates after my mid day meal.  This has been going on since my Sjogrens diagnosis. Thankfully my pulse seldom goes over 110.  Does anyone take medication for this?  My family doctor didn't seem too concerned but I am 61 and I sometimes wonder if I should see a specialist.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62