News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

GI Physician Assistant

Started by angeldancer, August 24, 2016, 11:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angeldancer

You know I am a cash patient to see a good GI doctor but I was a bit not happy today when I saw the Physician Assistant.  First you tell me I have to have another emergency colonoscopy because no one knows why I am in such excruciating pain.  He ordered a H Pylori test which the lab said I have to wait two weeks to take (not informed by the PA). Then he said my gallbladder may not be working so they will need to take it out (really).  Can we get a diagnosis before you decide to take body parts out. 

I asked him could this be crohns or colitis and shouldn't I be checked for that as well since I have sjogrens and other AI stuff going on.  He said they can check for that too.  SMH!  They don't think the cancer has returned.  (Thank God)

I would really like to speak to the doctor that will be operating on me.  I would like to speak to the doctor that I am getting billed for.  I don't even know how much the colonoscopy is going to cost me.  When I get there on Friday we will see if they can do it without a down payment.

The receptionist already told me the nuclear test for the gallbladder cost thousands of dollars and that I should be looking for some scholarships.

I feel like I am the only person that has had trouble with my Obama care insurance.  i have to pay for test to help keep me alive.  This is life and death and my insurance wants to send me to a clinic.

It will be okay but man I feel so misused.  It's hard being chronically ill.

Angeldancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

bloodless

I have insurance, but I'm still no fan of Obamacare. Even with insurance, everything went up, including all my prescriptions. (What happened to the savings he promised us?) I found I no longer just pay my copay for the injections in my knees. It's now $1500 a each!
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

angeldancer

Wow, that's ridiculous Bloodless.  We are living in a tough era for those of us that have chronic issues and need great doctors.
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,