News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Update - Shortness of breath

Started by sunflower, January 28, 2016, 10:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judie P

I went to a Sjogren's Support Group yesterday afternoon.  There was a SJS gal who had interstitial lung disease.  Now that is rare, so don't panic.  However, it was suggested that someone who has shortness of breath resting should have a high resident CT Scan for it to actually show up.  She said that her oxygen level (when taken before seeing a doctor along with the temperature, weight and blood pressure) was always fine.  However, after doing a treadmill test, it would drop to below normal.    If a high resident CT Scan can show more than what a chest x-ray shows, I would do it.  In fact, I am going to do it for my shortness of breath, though I don't believe I have ILD.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Princess Tusi

I wonder if you experience heart palpitations with the breathlessness? Whenever mine come on I feel like there's not enough air to breathe, I can take my pulse and feel the heartbeats skipping.
Just a thought
Caroline x
PCOS '97, psoriasis, abdominal angina, connective tissue disorder with Sjogren's like symptoms '15. Cetirizine, Plaquenil, Prednisone,Gabapentin, Mycophenolate. AIP since 09/2015