News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Pain in my thight

Started by Heather, October 03, 2013, 05:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Not muscle pain or something like that but more deep inside. I call it bonepain but don't know it's the bone. It occurs mainly when I'm lying in my beth at the end of the day. Does anyone recognize this?

Dee

Is it bilateral? 

It could be tight quad or piriformis. Is there any improvement with stretching it out (number four stretch is a good one)

I know what you mean about the deep pain though, that is how I describe much of my pain to docs, my pain whether joint, muscle is generally bilateral.

I often feel it is bone pain because it is so deep but I am not sure it is just not deep muscle inflammation.

I also have this deep pain in mid and lower back at times and I describe it as being DEEP IN my spine as that is how it feels, it is different than back pain caused by muscle spasms.

Maybe it is inflamed nerves and neural pathways that cause the "deep" pain.

I have no idea and will be interested to read the replies.

Whatever it is I hope it subsides soon and you figure it out.

Take good care,
Dee




Joe S.

I called it bone pain until my leg snapped. The doctors did not believe me until the leg fractured. They still did not believe me that I felt the bone pain just that the bone broke.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Heather

Dee and Joe, thank you for the answers. The pain is in one leg, mostly at the same location, at the frontside slightly above my knee. Because English is not my first language I didn't know what tight quad or piriformis were, but that are muscles, aren't they?

Dee

Heather, yes, they are muscles.

Interesting Joe, the docs usually don't acknowledge my "bone" pain as bone pain, hmm, so maybe it is bone pain. 

Dee

Jenny

Have you had your Vitamin D level checked?  I had the same pain and was low on D. As soon as I started supplements it went away.
65 year old female with back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, dry mouth, losing teeth, dry sinuses,Blood test positive for Sjogrens. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis .
Maloxicam, Lisinopril, Norco, misc.vitamins
4 discs in low back fused. Shoulder replaced 2015 & 2017 Need knee replaced.
4 hand surgeries

slccom

The names of the muscles are in Latin, so you can just search the names and get the information on where they are.

I hope you feel better! There are also some Fibro trigger points in the thighs.

Sharon

Belsey1

I have terrible deep pain in my left thigh.  Sometimes it involves more of the leg.  It is worse when sitting.  Sometimes it is unbearable.....it feels like one thing obstructive in there, for lack of any other way to explain it. 

Belsey1

Jenny, thanks for mentioning theVitamin D.  I have been taking prescription Vit D for several years but stopped about 5-6 weeks ago.  Now I am trying to put my severe thigh pain in that time frame.  Perhaps that is the problem, or at least part of it.  I will get it refilled tomorrow.  Thanks.

Joe S.

Have you tried adding magnesium?
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

jazzlover

Yes, try good magnesium.. no oxide.

Go see a massage therapist or an orthopedic Dr. They can order physical therapy on that thigh! I have trouble myself and PT is helping  me.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, mycoplasma,  recovered from Lyme disease

Gingersnap

This post really caught my eye because I have this problem frequently. I get sharp pains deep in my lower thigh, above my knee, on the outside- front of my leg. Very sharp pains deep within the tissue, sometimes it almost feels like a 'ripping' pain if that makes any sense at all.. I'm pretty sure that the cause is vascular because twice when the pain was worse than usual that area has had slight swelling, redness and warmth. Its not a blood clot though because it goes away. This pain happens in both legs on and off but mainly in my right leg. Its not as bad as it used to be before I was diagnosed and went on medication but it still happens often.
37/F Dx sjs with lupus overlap, raynauds
Plaquenil,prednisone, gabapentin, cymbalta, zanaflex, evoxac, lidoderm patch, restasis

Dee

Ginger that  sounds like it might possibly be sciatica.

Gingersnap

I'm pretty sure it isn't nerve pain because during all of my pregnancies I've gotten sciatica very badly, sometimes to the point where im totally disabled and it feels very different than this. This is just one spot within the muscle of my lower thigh and its hard to explain but its a different kind of pain. Strangely enough, of all the years I have had this I've never even thought to mention it to the rheumatologist. I'll try to remember to mention it next time I go, see what he says.
37/F Dx sjs with lupus overlap, raynauds
Plaquenil,prednisone, gabapentin, cymbalta, zanaflex, evoxac, lidoderm patch, restasis

SjoAmy

 It might not be sciatica......it might be meralgia paresthetica.

Meralgia paresthetica (MP as I will call it to save typing) is diagnosed with an EMG, as mine was.

MP happens in the thigh area....most commonly in the outer thigh....like mine.  But it can occur on the inside too.  It feels like a sharp pain cross between nerve pain and Charlie horse pain.  I had one episode that made the knee and entire thigh turn BLUE.  Yes, I went to the ER that time.

Gabapentin was good.....Methotrexate was GREAT.  Gabapentin will halt pain.   Methotrexate will take it nearly all away.  I've been advised to stay on Gabapentin, but I have wondered because the electric pain no longer comes every night.  Until I had my surgery on C6-C7, I was on hydrocodone and amitriptyline for the pain EVERY night.....about 1 1/2 weeks into my surgical recovery I had a MP episode at night.  Began MTX at the end of that week.  I feel pulses tingling a little in my feet, but not in my thigh.