News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Chest pain DAILY upon awakening??

Started by IllnDontWantAPill, September 01, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velcro

And the pain is a squeezing pressure feeling like you described as well.

IllnDontWantAPill

At this point we're not doing an endoscopy, we are just starting with a flexible sigmoidoscopy tomorrow? And then the upper G.I. series on September 10th. Sorry I'm a bit preoccupied as someone just ran into the back of my car while I was sitting in the parking lot

Velcro

Oh no!  I'm sorry.  I'm not very knowledgeable on gastric tests and things.  I had that test when I was 20 (25 years ago!) because of the chest pains and they were ruling things out.  I did just Google and it says a barium swallow should show a hiatal hernia as well....so that's probably not it then.

Ripvanann

I'm pretty sure the barium will only catch reflux. I could be wrong, of course. They made me get a scope as well when they checked for more serious stomach and breathing issues and only found the acid reflux.

Do you have birds by any chance? My pulmonolgist recently told me that I could have this rare lung allergy to birds. It wouldn't show up in regular allergy testing.

Do you smoke a lot at night? I smoke and hate everything about it, save for the feeling of it filling my lungs. So, if you're like me, you sit on the porch, smoking at night and researching your new illnesses and symptoms. When that stresses you out, you basically chain smoke.

Could just be me, but I know I'll wake up with chest pain after a night with a new illness.

Hope that helps.

~Andrea
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.

IllnDontWantAPill

Velcro, it's okay! Thanks for your help. It's actually not a barium swallow. That's different. I've had that done twice for dysphagia and it showed nothing. I drink 2-3 bottles of barium at the place and the radiologist watches it travel through the small intestines (maybe as I swallow as well) to look for any obstructions and to see if I have another small bowel intussusception (telescoping of the intestines into other intestines.) If I have it again, I have to have a bowel resection surgery. I had my sigmoid today, showed nothing but internal hemm and external hemm and I went under anesthesia and they wasted my time for that s@#$ lol. Pun intended! Was under for 5 minutes with the MJ anesthesia Propofol?? sp?? to wake up and hear that. This gastro doctor LOVES to attribute everything to hemorrhoids! Of course you're going to have hemorrhoids when you s@#$ your guts out in preparation for a test. Duh!! :)

Ripvanann, thanks for your feedback as well. The CT with barium showed the small bowel intussusception. He checked my large intestines today via sigmoidoscopy, and he's doing the Upper GI series with small bowel to check the small bowel. I wish he would have done a full-on colonoscopy and it would have been one time vs. 2 appointments and drinking 2 nasty drinks. I just drank barium for the CT a week and a half ago! God that stuff is nasty. I am a smoker, I do smoke a lot at night but I don't know if I'd classify myself as a chain smoker. The most I'll ever do in a row is 3...yes, sometimes before bed while looking up illnesses lol. But generally, 2 cigarettes back to back is my max. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Thank you all.