News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Shattered but the weekend has been good!

Started by Scottietottie, January 08, 2012, 09:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottietottie

Hi  :)

I was 60 on Friday. I knew one of my son's was coming home for the weekend and that hubby had booked a table at a restaurant for the Saturday night.

Was amazed when both daughters turned up as well as the son, especially as one was only up last weekend. They all live quite a distance away now. I was really touched and feel really lucky. They all came bearing gifts and I felt totally spoiled.

Only down point was that hubby developed a tummy bug yesterday and had to skip the meal. The rest of us went. Hubby's feeling better today.

They are all away now and I will sleep well tonight!! It's true that the best things in life are free!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Duchess

Happy Birthday to You!

Isn't it just wonderful!

Hope you are blessed to have many, many more birthdays.

Duchess
58 y/o, Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, Mitral Valve Repair, Asthma, Myofascial Pain. Plaquenil, Inhalers, Ibuprofen,Exovac, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Omega 3, Eye Drops, Quinipril, Massage therapy.

Carolina

Lucky for us and for the entire world, the day you were born, Scottie!

Your family honored you, and we all honor you.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

lynnmarie219

So glad to hear that all of the "kids" came home to help you celebrate Scottie!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Love and hugs to you my friend.....


Cricket

Happy Birthday Scottie!

Glad you had a good one.  :)
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Bucky

Scottie - how nice to have your kids home to help you celebrate the big 6-0 Birthday!   ;D

Sorry your husband was feeling under the weather and couldn't be there with you all.   :(

What kind of gifts did you get?

Was there any cake involved?  Any leftovers you want to share?   ;)

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Bucky

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Scottietottie

Lol!

My colleagues at work were great too. I left work with a B'day cake I didn't know how I'd eat (kids solved the problem), a bottle of whisky, a 60 mug and coaster, a beautiful paperweight, a card making kit and a balloon.

I got shopping vouchers, a 60th b'day survival kit (lol), earrings, chocolates, quilling books, tools and paper, craft materials and was basically spoiled rotten. Oh - and hubby gave me a really pretty eternity ring. I never had an engagement ring because in those days I was a potter and rings were just not practical. He said he'd get me an eternity ring if I ever had a kid. Four kids later and 33 years and I got one! he said he'd wanted to give me one ages ago but he just didn't know what I'd like until one of the kids told him how to access Amazon wishlists!!  ;D

I now think I have to make a few thank you cards! Thank you for all the good wishes.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Madison Granny

Happy belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you had quite a day.  It's always good to have the kids around.  I love it when my son comes to visit whether he brings my daughter in law and granddaughter or not.
Primary SJS, dRTA, Osteroporis, OAB, stage 3 kidney disease, hypothyroid and high blood pressure.  Medicine I take are plaquenil, bicarb, prolia, synthroid, toprol and amolipine, citracal and vitamin D.  I use Arex and Azasite and Prolia.  I also have Reynaud's and osteoarthris of the toes

Cheryl

Scottie,
What a full weekend you had!  I'm thrilled that you had a birthday surprise from your family, and the ring sounds amazing.  Happy birthday and many happy returns!
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Meld256

Scottie,

I'm so happy you had an absolutely fantastic weekend with your family!  ;D  Your work colleagues honored you just as we would like to...:)   We're honored to have you here with us on the staff.

You deserved a lovely weekend, and a lovely ring after 4 children and 33 years!  I'm thrilled you got such a wonderful surprise with kids showing up and all the fun you had.

Happy birthday, again!!
Melinda

smallfry


A66eyroad

Happy six-oh!

May you have many, many more!
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

quilt4fun

Happy Belated Birthday, Scottie!
I'm so gad your family was able to get together. Hope hubby is feeling better.
May you have many more!
Age 73. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue, calcinosis cutis.                Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, ,calcium+D, Livalo, genteel PM,  Dry Eye Omega.and ,Xiidra and Restatis

harrigan

Happy Birthday Scottie - it was great that all the family were with you to celebrate!  Hope you have recovered from all the excitement  xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

irish

Scottie, Happy Birthday to you!!! The big 60! Sounds like everyone was really good to you. Hope that you can continue to feel well enough to work as long as you want.

Then---the ring. Wow, such a nice surprise. Glad to hear that this was a good birthday. Irish ;D