News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

closed tear ducts!

Started by ingy54, November 17, 2011, 01:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ingy54

Just found out that I have both tear ducts closed and I was wondering if is this part of S.S? Has this happened to any of you? Hope I get some replies, thanks anyway...

gurs

what do you mean closed? why are they closed?  most of us have the dysfunction of the ducts/glands..mostly inflammatory...

Did the doc explain in detail?


Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

ingy54

I mean that the tears ( the few that I've got!) don't flow so my eyes get very sore. I went to the Optician today and one eye he cleared for me by doing an eye-wash so I have to use some antibiotic drops now for 2 weeks then I'll see what happens. Bye for now..

jasonsmith

Quote from: ingy54 on November 18, 2011, 08:58:11 AM
I mean that the tears ( the few that I've got!) don't flow so my eyes get very sore. I went to the Optician today and one eye he cleared for me by doing an eye-wash so I have to use some antibiotic drops now for 2 weeks then I'll see what happens. Bye for now..

Do you have anymore info on this "eye-wash"? Is it something one could do at home, or is it a special machine? I wouldn't mind trying it.

ingy54

The eye-wash was done by the Doctor and it consisted of having a small needle from a syringe put into the tear duct and then like an injection the liquid is put into the eye! Don't worry it sounds terrible but it only stung for a minute. I also had some drops put into my  eyes which stopped me feeling any pain. Hope I've explained well,take care, ingy54.