News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Words of Wisdom

Started by Kim, June 02, 2011, 08:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim


I read this yesterday on a womens health site and thought it was worded wonderfully.  It's what we already know.  But sometimes reading how someone else views it is a good thing.

"Understand you are on a journey without end. Living with a chronic illness isn't like having a stroke or even cancer, which can be "cured." When you have a condition like rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, (or Sjogren's Syndrome, or Fibromyalgia, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, etc)  your life is a series of two stepsforward and one step backward. Learn to accept this new rhythm in your life. Instead of focusing on a cure, focus on having as many good days as you possibly can."

By know means do I down play the misery of strokes or cancer and I don't think the writer did either.  She was just trying to make a point.  My best friend is battling breast cancer.  We have different diseases but we are each others support.  Even she said she was in better shape than I was.  That's her opinion.  I think she's faced a bigger battle.

Jozee

Kim - Wonderfully worded. Thanks for posting this. It reminds me to focus on the good days.

sis

"Learn to accept this new rhythm in your life. Instead of focusing on a cure, focus on having as many good days as you possibly can."

Love this!  Thanks for posting!

Meld256

Thank you, Kim, for posting this. Great words of wisdom!!

Love it- the kind of encouraging thoughts we need here.  Thanks, again.  ;)