News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

sjogren's test questionaire

Started by Sha, November 26, 2010, 10:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sha

This test is 24 questions long and gives you a percentage of your probability of having sjogrens.

Mine was 17/24 or 71%

What's yours:)

http://arthritis.about.com/library/quiz/blsjogrensquiz.htm

Sha

irish

I had 18/24 or 75%. This test should have been done by me many years ago and maybe I would have been diagnosed earlier. Thanks. Irish ;D

Linda196

23/24 or 96%..........do you think I should mention it to my Doctor? :D

Actually both my doc and my rheumy used a quiz very much like this as part of the original screening procedure. They just asked the series of questions and checked off the appropriate box.....sure saves time when you can't remember all the things you wanted to tell them,
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https:https://sjogrensworld.org/index.php?board=30.0

anita

19/24  79%

Interesting test.  After hearing what some tell here about the experience getting diagnosed, I gotta wonder what they are doing.  They should use this as an initial test in the process.  It is SO much better when a doctor asks question vs you trying to remember to name every symptom...and of course knowing which symptoms are important.  I never would have mentioned the dry gritty eyes or mouth (or dry "other" things) as being related to my other problems...I thought it was just me. 

My doctor sat for almost 3 hours going over not only the symptoms, positive testing, and other diagnosis I already had, but then asked a whole bunch of questions (including eyes, mouth, etc).  He thought it was sjogren's at the time, then after thorough exam and sending for schirmer's and lip biopsy, he confirmed it.

Too bad the test is not on one page so that people could print the test, fill it out, and take it to their doctor.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

littleme

Mine was 63%, but the last few questions, I haven't been diagnosed with anything,so I don't know how relevant they were to my score.  I didn't know my sed either. So, I guess still a possibility.

I never had a quiz like this....maybe should mention it. :D :D
Female. No diagnosis, plaquenil, prednisone (for flares), restasis, multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin d

DragonflyC

I'm only 63% (15/24), but with a positive ANA and SS-A as well as dry eyes and mouth and a lupus overlap, I'm pretty classic Sjogren's.  It is nice to see a quiz that might paint a clearer picture for people who don't have such telling blood work, though.  

harlin

I have already been diagnosed but I had 20 out of 24 for 83%

SueAnn

I was 17 out of 24 or 71%.  I have not been diagnosed with any thing else yet, but I have a feeling that Reynods is on the horizon.
My rheumy asked me many of these questions during my first visit, and he wouldn't tell me what he thought until all the bloodwork came back.  I pretty much knew it was Sjogrens because of all the research I had done prior to going to him. 

SueAnn
Sjs
LDN, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis..
Vit B complex, calcium, Vit D
Female - 50ish

Sha

Interesting...huh! Just so ya know if u haven't taken the test, u wont get 24/24 unless u have all bloodwork positive and you know you're results. Plus you have to have other autoimmune diseases to get 100%. I still think it helps to give a full picture of the diease and stuff to come.

lynnmarie219

83% for me and I have also already been diagnosed and am currently being treated by my GP and rheumy.

This is a great way for docs to screen new patients! 

Thanks for sharing!

genko_b

The only one I missed was diagnosis with Hashimoto's, so 23/24, 96%.

It was interesting how many questions about the eyes they had. I wonder how often doctors ask "Do you have dry eyes?" and people answer "no," because they don't understand exactly what that means. Same with dry mouth - there were several mouth-related questions. The concrete, limited nature of the questions makes them easier to answer.

I just had a discussion about this with my husband. I need simple questions, simple answers in order to carry on a conversation.

When people jump ahead of me and try to guess what I want to know, giving too much information in one sentence, I can't follow. This causes misunderstandings galore. This morning my husband and I almost came to blows over where he found a bar of soap! (Long story, not worth repeating.)

I wonder how many people are misdiagnosed because of the way their doctor asked for some basic information, missing symptoms and clues in the response.

Genko

Sha

#11
Genko~

I totally agree! I didn't even know I had dry mouth or dry eyes till I got thrush for no reason and my doc asked a lot of simple questions like this. She told me I was self treating with jolly ranchers, gum and water. As for they dry eyes, how many people know that feeling like somethings always in them or feeling like their gritty means u have dry eyes....I. mean, come on!

Sha

kellyptyler


navydad

13 of 24,, just remember,, this is Pittsburgh,, we still worry about indian raids and some people here think Roosevelt is still president

MiJoy

63% for me, but haven't got blood test results back yet so we'll see if that changes things.

Genko & Sha, you're so right! For a couple of months I couldn't even explain my symptoms, could only say that I felt "weird". My eyes hurt, not the usual feeling when your eyes get tired after reading a lot, but I didn't know how to describe it. And my mouth burned & otherwise felt strange, but again couldn't really describe it. And the fatigue, oh my goodness the fatigue, how do you describe feeling so weak you don't think you can move, much less get your legs to hold you up?

Then, HALLELUJAH!! I found this site & folks were describing EXACTLY what I was experiencing! Then I found a new GP who asked me lots of detailed questions, really listened, & wrote down a bunch of info. After NINE doctors who didn't get it, she gets it! Now at least I feel like we're on the right track. She ordered ANA & some other tests, & referred me to a rheumatologist & opthamologist. Not diagnosed with anything yet, but SO glad to have at least found some folks who know what I'm talking about & can fill in the blanks for me.