News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

inversion tables

Started by voiceteacher, November 26, 2010, 08:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voiceteacher

Hi All,

Have any of you ever used or purchased an inversion table??  I'm wondering if you felt relief.  I tried one and loved it - now to buy one - - what brand, what style - - can you go cheap or must you pay big bucks???

Voiceteacher

Patze

Hi VT,

I've not tried one, but I hear that they're pretty good. 

Hopefully a more knowledgeable member will stop by soon with some information about them.

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

gphx

Those with high blood pressure or glaucoma should avoid use of inversion tables. I typed 'inversion table review' into Bing and saw 5 star tables at $409 and $99 too. Haven't had a table but I did use inversion boots years ago and liked them. Now I'd probably get stuck upside down and pass out.
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

voiceteacher

Yes, - those with glaucoma and other conditions should not use them!!!  There is a video online under Teeter inversion tables that explains that - - it's not for everyone - but it sure does feel wonderful to stretch your back!!

Voiceteacher

navydad

Only inversion I know was the time I fell out of a tree as a kid on my head, I guess I was inverted for a fraction of a second,, maybe thats whats wrong with me,, nah,, coulndt be that simple,, but I dont think i would want to be inverted,, my sinuses or brin would fall out

cat


Dolly Dimples

  Never heard of inversion table, and don't think I wanna one!!

          Navydad so glad you feel up to wise cracking again, good one!.
                                                           Dolly

Patze

Hey Navydad, you're too funny!  You have enough material to start a good comedian tour, and don't forget to let us know when and where your next gig is!  ;) :D


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

irish

There is also a gizmachi that you wear around your head and neck and it hangs from a doorway. I am not totally sure how it works, but it does the same thing. It stretches the spinal column. I guess I would rather stretch mine looking at the world right side up.

I think that hanging upside down is hard on your heart--screws up the pressures when heart has to contract to get the blood moving uphill. Irish ;D

voiceteacher

I've been borrowing my friends' inversion table - it's a teeter hang up table.  It's wonderful!!!  It locks your feet in so you can't fall out, you can really feel your spine stretching in a great way!!!  you don't have to hang straight up and down  - you only go as far as you're comfortable and you only hang for about 5 minutes at a time.  I'm hoping it reduces the frequency of having to go to the chiropractor.  I'll let you know.

Voiceteacher

Begather

Quote from: voiceteacher on November 26, 2010, 08:48:43 PM
Hi All,

Have any of you ever used or purchased an inversion table??  I'm wondering if you felt relief.  I tried one and loved it - now to buy one - - what brand, what style - - can you go cheap or must you pay big bucks???

Voiceteacher

I am currently using inversion table and i am really impressed to see the results i am getting so far. Have you ever tried?

irish

I have an earlier post on this thread and I still advocate that this is not good for anyone. I am a retired registered nurse and I shutter to think what the increased volume of blood and blood pressure this can cause in the chambers of the heart and also in the vessels in the brain. Strikes me as being dangerous. Stretching the back is wonderful but hanging in the gizmatchee made for the door way sounds a little safer. Irish