News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Realized something today

Started by Katybarstool, September 03, 2010, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katybarstool

As some of you know, I've had a few tough months, and some days have had the energy to come on here and talk with my friends. During a discussion with a workmate today, I realized why I felt so happy, and it's because, following two surgeries within a few months, I've had to think about, and concentrate on basic bodily functions. By this, I mean having to use aids to empty my bowel and bladder, as well as healing from surgeries to both. Now, finally, I'm at the stage where I can perform these usually 'automatic' functions without having to think about them.

This probably seems very basic, but when you spend so much time thinking about making your body function in the way it should, it takes away the energy that you need for other things, and makes for a very tiring situation. Now, I can get back on with the more important things in my life, such as playing with my grandchildren, and having a bit of a social life.

I feel blessed today :) 

Kathyx

inga

This is a wonderful discovery.....and it shows the strength of the human spirit.  You have adapted and can now move on and live a fulfilling life.  It's not easy, but, you did it!

navydad

I;m truelly happy for you,, its good to hear about things when they go right

eyeamdry

Kathy, that is great.  It must feel good to not have to "think" about going potty and what you had to go through.  Lucy

Bucky

Kathyx -  glad today was a good day for you . . . you certainly deserve it!!

These past several months have been really challenging to you - but, you persevered and took one day at a time.  I'm so glad things are falling into place for you so you can spend time with the grandchildren and have a social life again.

Remember Dr. Phil's advice that I posted?  You had said you were going to claim it . . . you did!!   ;D

Take care and may you have many, many blessed days ahead.  

Hugs,
Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Joy Cox

#5
Kathyx, It is w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l that you have such a positive outlook!   :)

Your pride certainly shows through in your post...

I had a good day last month and it was spent outdoors...my love of life!

Warm Wishes, Joy

Dolly Dimples

  Well done Kathy,
                     Glad I am not going down the path you have been these past months!!
                                  Stay well my friend,  Luv Dolly

Gerty

Well this sounds good and I don't think its basic at all. It must be wonderful for you now

Cheryl

Kathy,
We take too much for granted every day.   I'm very happy that things are functioning normally for you now.   You have been an inspiration to us all!  Enjoy!   ;D
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

irish

Boy, that is really a great thing. I applaud you for hanging in there so long and putting up with it. Shows that there can be a pot at the end of the rainbow. Sorry, wrong choice of words!! :o

container at the end of the rainbow---does that sound better.

Madderakka

I'm glad things are getting back to normal. Two surgeries in such a short time must have been a hard thing to handle.

Katybarstool

Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot. It's just so nice that we can all enjoy eath others achievements, no matter how small.

Irish, you made me laugh! Thank you!

Kathyx 

jaygee

What a lovely post, Kathy  ;D   So glad you are feeling well.  xx

inga

No achievement, Kathy, is EVER small.

genko_b

That's right - it is not a small achievement. So glad everything seems to be working right for you now. It is amazing how much we take for granted, and don't know how much it meant until it is taken from us.

Genko