News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Overall burning skin

Started by Sheltiemom, February 03, 2010, 09:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheltiemom

 ???  Has anybody experienced as either an early or later on symptom "global" skin irritation as if a head-to-foot sunburn along with red spots on the cheeks and reddened palms.  It comes and goes, sometimes more and sometimes less.  Thanks!  Nice to be here as a new member.

c991

I get all kinds of skin problems. They can be anything from localized simple itching or rashes to severe itching over my entire body, sometimes I get prickly pain and sometimes not. The strangest thing is sudden onset of a fabric/texture intolerance, I can be unable to tolerate denim for a few weeks and then smooth cotton, etc. Nothing really surprises me anymore when it comes to any skin sensations.

Quote from: Sheltiemom on February 03, 2010, 09:20:46 AM
???  Has anybody experienced as either an early or later on symptom "global" skin irritation as if a head-to-foot sunburn along with red spots on the cheeks and reddened palms.  It comes and goes, sometimes more and sometimes less.  Thanks!  Nice to be here as a new member.

babycakes

hi there

i posted a while ago about burning skin.  One of my more recent symptoms is burning skin on the backs of my hands and then it spread to my leg and thigh.  I asked the rheumie about it and he ordered a nerve conduction study and it came back clear.  I also get all sorts of skin problems from discolouration to rashes that last for a few hours to a few days.  My skin feels itchy and dry particularly with the central heating on in the winter.  I also bruise easily and ocassionally get tender spots as if i have bumped into something but i havent.  All very strange.

annie

harrigan

Me too - I have had a vivid red rash on my right hand and up my wrist and was really swollen. People kept asking  if I had burnt it as it looked like a scald but I haven't.  I see my new rheumy on Monday so I will mention it then.  Aren't we a funny lot?!  ;D  XX Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Sheltiemom

Yes, Ailsa -  We seem to be a strange lot - but we're OUR strange lot.

Sheltiemom

harrigan

Exactly Sheltie - we know on here we can say how we feel no matter how bizarre and a bunch of other people will post saying how relieved thay are that they are not the only ones!   Thankyou!! ;D
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Patze

Hi Sheltie and c991,

Let me welcome y'all to the SJS World!  Please do look around the board as there are tons of topics that you just might find interesting!

Can you tell us more about yourselves so the members can get to know you a bit better?

Again, welcome and hope to see you around the board!

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

We are weird, indeed.  And totally different.  I have patches of burning skin and have the feeling of cold water being poured down my back (neither all the time).  I do have some itching, but not as bad as some.  I seem to get a lot of what looks like bites.  My hubby says they are "spider bites."  I think he is a little off base, but i just nod yes.  He does not get these and spiders would not like me any more than him. 

I have psoraisis, just a little on my feet and patches on my elbows.  I have a great thing for some of you who feel the hurt from the bedsheets.  I bought some high thread count sheets and do they ever feel good.  I slept in a bed at my sister's house and wondered what earth was so soft and comfy.  I have two sets for our bed.  My hubby likes flannel sheets, but I get too hot in them. 

baileybugster

I have this same sensation at times.  My face felt like I had a really bad sunburn tonight and it was really red with red dots.  It hurts like a bad burn.  I do this on my arms and other parts of my body.  It feels like I put some type of muscle or joint cream on my arms that causes that cool burning sensation.

We do have so many strange things happen with this.  I really hate the skin problems.  They seem to irritate me so much.

Sheila

Sheltiemom

Thank you to everybody who replied to my first post - Overall burning skin.  Now I know for sure it isn't "just me" or the rash that does look like spider bites.  What I'm wondering also is:  Does anybody have intolerance to fabric?  I've been unable to wear any winter clothes because of this because of the skin sensitivity.  Still waiting to hear what the skin biopsies and nerve testing says in hopes of getting some kind of definitive answers for this (if any are possible).

Sheltiemom
Ohio

P.S.  Can't seem to remember the way to post or how to reply to somebody's specific reply to me.  Can somebody help me out?  Also, Patze wrote and asked for a profile, but how do I do that?  Thanks.

Blue Kat

Hmmm...I often have the sensation of burning skin, but so far have never had a rash or redness to go along with it.  I think on me it's nerve inflammation making me feel that way.

kimboloco

Quote from: c991 on February 03, 2010, 10:22:20 AM
I get all kinds of skin problems. They can be anything from localized simple itching or rashes to severe itching over my entire body, sometimes I get prickly pain and sometimes not. The strangest thing is sudden onset of a fabric/texture intolerance, I can be unable to tolerate denim for a few weeks and then smooth cotton, etc. Nothing really surprises me anymore when it comes to any skin sensations.

Oh dang, I thought I was the only one who had texture/fabric intolerance!  Toilet paper will put me over the edge sometimes, just making me nautious! 

Babs659


"Profile" can be found right under the search bar at the top of the page.  Click on it and then "modify profile". ;)

Quote from: Sheltiemom on February 04, 2010, 02:46:43 PM
Thank you to everybody who replied to my first post - Overall burning skin.  Now I know for sure it isn't "just me" or the rash that does look like spider bites.  What I'm wondering also is:  Does anybody have intolerance to fabric?  I've been unable to wear any winter clothes because of this because of the skin sensitivity.  Still waiting to hear what the skin biopsies and nerve testing says in hopes of getting some kind of definitive answers for this (if any are possible).

Sheltiemom
Ohio

P.S.  Can't seem to remember the way to post or how to reply to somebody's specific reply to me.  Can somebody help me out?  Also, Patze wrote and asked for a profile, but how do I do that?  Thanks.

amiamiami

This is one of my worst symptoms.  I got tested for "small-fiber neuropathy" at JHU but came back negative.  It was the first thing that seemed to maybe explain it, but oh well.  I have very dry skin but also extremely "burny" thighs, tops of my feet, hands, face, and the worst is on my genitals and anus (sorry for the explicitness y'all) --> argh!  Even hurts to use the bathroom.  Also, if I trim my body hair (chest or when they shaved my legs for the biopsies for the neuropathy) it flares up the burning all over.  It's sooo weird!

Joy Cox

Just a suggestion, Try Charmine toilet tissue, the softest type they make.  ;D  Any other causes me irritation.  ???

And, having sewn for years and years, know Supima cotton is softest, smoothest cotton made. Lands End has nighty gowns and probably pjs as I'm not a pj-er.  On sale now...might want to ckeck out the site.    ;)

Silk long johns help keep down skin irritation for me.  ::) Winter Silks on sale, too. :-*

Think I need to do a disclaimer?????? ;)