News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Burning outer ears.

Started by ricknav, June 02, 2009, 05:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricknav

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I am here because my wife has just started displaying Sjogrens symptoms. She has quite a few that have all appeared within the last two month's. She has had the SSA antibody detected about 20 years ago but until now has had no ill effects. We are going to see her original Rheumatologist in the a.m. to begin looking into and verifying the extent of her involvment. Right now, however, I need to know if anyone has any information on one of her symptoms that is causing her a lot of pain, and that is a burning outer ear sensation. Ironically, a wet hot pack seems to make it feel better, temporarily. It does not seem to bother her as much during the day but when she lays down at night it is pretty bad. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

irish

Welcome to this site. Sorry to hear that you wife is having the symptoms now although later is better than earlier if it has to be.

I have had the burning ears but mine also would get red in color and itch like crazy and sometimes would weep a little fluid. I always thought it was an allergy until I got diagnosed and started researching. I would put cool packs on them and also used OTC cortisone cream. Hard to tell what your wife's problem is from. Could even be some neuropathy. I would think your rheumy would know what causes it. Good luck. Irish ;D

JJ

I have burning of the outer ear on occasion, I lay on my side when i go to sleep

and there are times its as if my ear will just start burning and the pain that comes

with it is almost like getting your ear smashed in a door or something to that affect.

Like I said it doesn't happen all the time but I have no idea if it is related to the Sjogrens.

I  believe the Sinus has more to do with it...plus my Eustacia tubes get stopped up  and

swell around that time so that is why I think sinus. I would check with the Rheumy like

suggested above...let me know if yall find out something different. Good luck, and welcome!

Hats off to you for being involved with what your wife is going through and willing to be

pro active for her.....wish my other was not shut down...but everyone deals with things differently.

JJ

Wynter

Gee, I am sorry for your wife. My experience with the ANA test was like that. Showed off and on during the years, but all other tests normal. Now with my sypmtoms full blown, my blood work is perfectly normal.

Epson

Rick,

I never thought of asking that question, I thought I was the only one who got that, no idea what causes it ???

Dolly Dimples

  Gee!  this complaint of ours sure does throw up some weird symptom's.

Not that I have had this particular one, and certainly don't want it!

   I guess neuropathy would be the culprit here..   but who know? 

   As for you Epsom , it's probably all that glowing that causes yours!!
     
                                         Stay sane,  Dolly.

TerriJ

My ears burn from time to time, but it feels more like it's inside the ear.  I also get tinnitus.  All of my various symptoms came on within 6 mo. to a year time span with the exception of dry eyes.  My eyes have been dry for probably 6 years now.

Terri