News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Found some really great eye makeup!

Started by Lesleybird, June 09, 2009, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesleybird

  Hi, My rheumatology doctor thinks that I have Sjogrens or some undefined autoimmune disease. I have a highly positive SSA antibody, and positive ANA, all over pain, fatigue, skin rashes, low white count etc.  The strange thing with me is that my eyes are bone dry when I wake up in the morning (have to put in drops or they hurt), and then water all day with tears that run down my face. Anyway, I want to share this new eyeshadow and liners with you as they do not crease or smear no matter how watery your eyes are.  I know most of you have dry eyes but may put in drops in all day long that make your makeup run. This product is called Indelible Gel Eyeliner, and Indelible Creme Eye Shadow.  I get mine on line at a place called JW cosmetics.com as they have a good price, one can google the product and find it elsewhere on line. You can put this stuff on your hand and run water over it and it will not come off, smudge proof... rub your hand over it when dry and it will not come off. I love this stuff so much that I purchased seven colors for my mom for her birthday and will be giving them to her next week.

   The first time I used the makeup it was different, tried it once, and I put it away and did not use it for a couple of months, then, my eyes really started watering down my face all day long at work and my regular powder shadow would not stay on and it would crust with salt and I had to fix my eye makeup 5 or 6 times a day....and I don't have time for that as I am a busy nurse in a hospital. Tried the waterproof stuff again and after getting used to using it for a week just love love love it! The waterproof stuff that they had back in the early 80's would crease and make a mess. This stuff is wonderful! I use the waterproof Indelible eyeliner also. My favorite liner color is the Tidal Wave blue. The Magnitism is also a good black eyeliner color. Eyeshadow favorites are the Bronze frost, Tipp Taupe, Plumpkin, and Ever After. I have Blue /green eyes and medium skin tone.  Anyway, just thought that I would share this for you guys that are having to put drops in your eyes all day long that also wear eye makeup. I might just get rid of all of my other liners and shadows as I can no longer keep them on! I also use one of the waterproof mascaras...get mine at Walgreens, called Volume Exact hydrofuge by Cover Girl....this does not come off with water, or flake off into your eyes. The waterproof mascara is difficult to get off with a lot of makeup removers, found the one that gets it off the best is by Cover Girl clean makeup remover.  Hope this information helps some of you.                      Lesley

Bonnie

Hi Lesley, great to know.  I am having a loosing battle with makeup. I think when all of the other SJS symptoms are making me feel less like a woman, to me it is important to try to make myself feel better so a little bit of makeup helps.   I don't know if anyone else has found this but I think my eyelashes are changing colour.  I used to have very black eyelashes but now I have some ginger eyelashes, wonder if this is something to do with the eyedrops.

Fairy

Thanks for the tips. I have also started to use Meryl Norman tinted moisturizer. I put my cetaphil on my face, then use it. So Far, so good.