News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Plaquenil - Headaches & Tinnitus

Started by kindandcaring, May 25, 2009, 02:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kindandcaring

Ive been on Plaquenil, 2x 200mcg per day for approx 6 weeks.

It maybe triggering side effects..I got ringing and white noise sounds almost immediately in my ears which is still with me.

And now the last 3 days..Im getting temporal headache pains..with transient shooting pains...so bad they stops me in my tracks..they come and go in a few seconds.
I also had a jaw pain today ...a first !

The side of my head feels tender and hurts on touch.

I stopped taking Plaq tonight ..if it is the Plaq then the headaches should recede pretty soon I assume.

Cant get into my GP for another 3 weeks..usual time period ..booked out.
If it gets worse after stopping Plaquenil then will have to go to Hos.



Patze

#1
Hi K&C,

Have you talked to your doctor about your symptoms?  Is that why you have to wait so long (that he doesn't think that they are serious)?  Does he have a PA you can see sooner?  Sometimes they are a better help than the doctors (sorry docs!).  By any chance, do you have a rheumy?  If you do, can you go see him maybe?

I know what you mean about the shooting pains, wow, they are something aren't they?  I've had them in my jaw/sinus's for years to the point that parts of my face are becoming numb.  It's scary.

Please keep us updated, okay?


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

kindandcaring

#2
Hi Patze
Yeah those Stoopid Rootin Tootin Shootin Pains are a PIT*  for sure ! I can empathise with you
totally!
I get the shootin pains in any part of my body now..its not like its one spot and when its had a good go in one area it normally finds another...so its not a surprise that my head is copping it..however I have a cavernoma (on old bleed) in me head so I gotta watch it just in case.

My GP..no thats the earliest..(even though she has stopped seeing new patients) ..pretty much par for the course as my Rheummy has a 6 month wait between appointments same as my immunologist..November is when I get to see the Neurologist...and I was just told today that my Ophthal which I travel 4 hours to see is now only doing one afternoon a week..so Ive had to be put back another 3 months to see him lol...

I dont know how anyone can call this a 'health service'...um lets drop the service part of that maybe..

Anyways I can still moan so I cant be that bad..will see how we go tonight..Im hoping that it is the Plaq..or just the disease and not the cavernoma or some other bloomin thing.

Cheers




lynnmarie219

Hi K&C,


I'm surprised that you cant get in sooner to you docs office if you described what is going on with you....usually they are booked for a long time out for "normal" things...like physicals...checkups....follow ups...but reserve a certain amount of appts each day /week for more critical and out of the ordinary things as you are experiencing.

Have you asked to be put on a cancellation list? That way if anyone cancels which they always do, you will be called to see if you can come in sooner...this has worked for me in the past!

I hope you get some relief and answers soon....let us know how you are doing!

Patze

Good grief K&C, do you by chance have private insurance? 

Lynnmarie makes a good point about seeing if you can be put on a cancellation list for a quicker appointment.

By chance, when you have the sharp pains, do you also get corresponding permanent numbness?

Hang in there and good luck getting in to see the doctor -


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

kindandcaring

Hi guys

No numbness..just soreness high up on the tempal areas hurts to just touch it.
Its a little better today..not as many sharp pains

Im on the cancellationlist for the neuro ..however seems like that has a waiting list as well.
My Gp only works a couple of days a week so Ive missed her..cant stand the others..rather go to hospital.
If it diminishes more tomorrow I should be ok.

btw I have private insurance but it does not help unfortunately..still the wait..the system is a little different here.

Thanks for your concern.

Sjenny

K&C:

Sorry to hear about this latest development.  One of the side effects of Plaq can be tinnitus.  The headache is very worrisome - I hope you get relief or medical help very soon.

Sue

kindandcaring

Thanks Sue

Better today..no shooting pains...Ive not stopped the Plaq completely ..gone to one tablet in the morning only.

Will see how we track with it.... it could be the Plaq...my tinnitus is a  little better as well.

Hope your fairing Ok today

All me best

Patze

Hi K&C,

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!  I'm also glad to see that the shooting pains are gone, that is good news!  I'm also glad to hear the tinnitus is better today, I've had it for years, and I understand how maddening the noise can make you.

Hang in there my friend -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

kindandcaring

Hi Patze

Yes Im doing better again..thanks for your kind thoughts  :)..up and down we go ...on the roller coaster we are it seems.

Hehe my wife she  has suffered from Tinnitus...the other day she says can you hear that ringing I said yes..oh good its not just me then ..lol  ;D

Cheers


Patze

Hey K&C,

Wow, that's kind of neat...you both can hear the phone! :D


Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen