News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Dry Skin?

Started by Kimi, May 21, 2009, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimi

I had oily skin all my life till the last two years with this year being the very worse. Rashes all over due to the dry skin all winter long! Ouch! They are starting to clear up but come back to flare every so often. Even my face that use to almost drip with oil is not needing moisture. I need to even moisturise my arm pits, if I don't I get rashes! This is soooo strange!!! My hair is even getting dry, something I wished for when I was a teen but not now. Is this common with SJS???

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Kimi

marilyn143

dry dry dry it's all dry.I always say I had better not get too close to a flame ,I'm so dry I'd be gone in a flash ::)

jonnell

Kimi,  yes that is common with sjs, my little girl is always itching, she says it feels like bugs crawling on her.  Its like her whole body is dried out.

Kimi

Does your Daughter have RLS (restless leg syndorm)? I always felt that creepy crawly feeling like bugs in my legs and arms (yes it affects the arms too). The Dr told me to take one low dose iron tablet (ya can break on in half if ya want)  a day and I am so amazed but I no longer the the RLS if I stay on the iron!!! I sleep so much better too. Guess this is something new they are learning about with RLS, seems the legs (and arms) get oxygen deprived and the extra iron helps the red blood cells work better, even if you have normal iron levels! I would talk to the Dr on it since she is so young, but unless you have an problem with too  much iron in your system most people can take a low single dose of iron and it helps RLS greatly.

Kimi