News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Memorial Day

Started by jonnell, May 24, 2009, 04:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnell

Hope everyone has a happy Memorial Day.   Salute to all our brave military men and women,  and all those who have gave there lives so that we may be free.

lesmom

Here, here. I hope everybody has a safe and relaxful holiday.

God Bless,
Leslie

JannaLee


Katybarstool

... and from me too!

Kathyx

Patze

Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

ktfabian

Same here.

You know, I'm almost embarrassed to admit, but this year, with my son in Iraq, is the first year I've really appreciated what Memorial Day is all about.

I'm praying that there won't be any more soldiers to "remember" from our two war zones!
Tracy
________________________________________________
55yo Sjogren's, Fibro, Selective IgM Def., back pain - fused L3/4-L5/S1,  Costochondritis, Achilles tendon tear,  cluster headaches
Plaq, Medrol, Vit D, Arava, Rituxan, Mobic, Evoxac, Tumeric 1000mg daily, Cymbalta, Fiorcet, Klonopin, Soma, pain med.

jonnell

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your son, he is a true hero.    Hugs and kissess   Jonnell and Jenna

lynnmarie219

Hope everyone is having a safe Holiday weekend......and yes....lets remember all of the people who are currently serving and those who have served in the past through peace time and through the conflicts.

TerriJ

Tracy I'm praying for your son's safety and thank him for his service.

I have an uncle who served in WWII.  He was a radioman on a privateer who saw a lot of action.  He is 86 now and is still riding in the parade on Memorial Day.  This is a very poignant day for him as many of his buddies didn't make it home.  Now so many of them are passing on.  I hope we never forget to honor them. 

Terri

HL in NY

Both of my sons play in their school's marching bands, so I've spent all day shuffling they back and forth between parades. :D

It's a bit of a hassle, but as I tell them, for one day we can be a little inconvennced to honnor the people who've given so much.

I'm very proud of them, and I hope they are learning something about giving back to our community and country.