News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Blood Tests and Anti-Inflammatories

Started by fluffiebunnie, May 22, 2009, 10:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffiebunnie

My GP is getting more blood tests done for Sjogrens... but she has also prescribed anit inflammatorys for pain in my neck/shoulder.  Will these pills alter my true blood test results?

Many thanks!

Scottietottie

Hi  :)

I don't think the anti-inflammatories should affect the blood tests. I'm sure one of the ex-nurses will be along later with better info. You need the pain relief!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)


Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

fluffiebunnie

Yes I need the pain relief!!  Its stopping me sleeping now...   Will get the blood tests done Tuesday and I have an x-ray, but have to wait till 5th June..  My neck/shoulder/back is killing me and I dont know why!!!

lynnmarie219

Is there a possibility that you could have tendinitis issues in your shoulder? I get tendinitis a lot and sometimes it can be misleading where the pain actually originates. I've been having issues with what I thought was my upper arm/neck area, but the problem is really in my shoulder.....just a thought!

fluffiebunnie

Quote from: lynnmarie219 on May 26, 2009, 01:02:52 PM
Is there a possibility that you could have tendinitis issues in your shoulder? I get tendinitis a lot and sometimes it can be misleading where the pain actually originates. I've been having issues with what I thought was my upper arm/neck area, but the problem is really in my shoulder.....just a thought!

How would you get tendinitis? I dont even know what that is!! Never had problems with pain before but I seem to be having problems on a daily basis.. and all over the place too!

lynnmarie219

Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons which can occur in or around any joint..it usually occurs with an injury or overuse of a particular joint...but with sjogrens  I can get tendinitis for no obvious reason that I can think of. It can be treated with NSAID's (anti inflammatories), wearing a brace, cortisone shots,  going to PT, or a combination of several treatments.

PT worked well with me especially going in the water for my exercises as you can work the affected area much better in the pool and without as much pain. Any doctor can diagnose tendinitis, but when mine got bad...I went to an orthopedic surgeon for the shots as they are the ones who know the bones and joints the best.

I hope you get some answers...let us know!