News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Cyclosporia (restasis) eye drops

Started by Lotus1, December 07, 2016, 03:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotus1

Hello everyone

If anyone has had success with restasis eye drops when it comes to working on the computer in the office I'd love to hear from you.

Lotus1


Navigator

Restasis is a drug taken twice a day ideally 12 hours apart. I take it in the am and before bed. I have no problem working on the computer as long as I take my normal doses.
Hashimotos thyroiditis, Primary SJS, IBS, autoimmune hearing loss, leucopenia, arthritis,asthma.
Synthroid, Plaquenil, Crestor, Evoxac,Vit D , Fish Oil, Restasis, Daily Walking, Sleep, Baby aspirin, Probiotic, avoid gluten,dairy and sugar, hearing aide, gratitude, big dog

Lotus1

Navigator

I work in an air conditioned, fluorescent light office on a computer or for 7.5 hours a day & am wondering if restasis would help my eyes.
Is this your situation?

Have a referral from rheumy to an opthalmologist to ask re restasis as she didn't think it's available in Australia.
A process through medicare to get it into Australia she thinks.
Rheumy may be behind times.

I'll see what opthalmologist says also.

Lotus1




Jasper

As long as I use Restasis twice a day (morning and bedtime) my eyes are fine. I am on the computer several hours a day.

Before Restasis, my eyes were a major problem.
ANA 1:160; SS-A+; MSG +; Plaquenil, Rituxan infusions, Restasis, HRT, Curcumin, Calcium, CoQ10, NAC, Resveratrol, Whole Omega, Omega 3, R Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L Carnitine, Krill Oil, Mag. Threonate, Bio-Collagen UC II, NAD+, & Vit A, B, C, D, E, K 1 & 2.

Wal

I haven't tried Restasis but I may ask for it at my appt tomorrow. The Xiidra hasn't really made a difference.

ohiolady

Restasis has helped me a lot.  My eyes are 0 and 2 on the Schirmer test.  I was miserable before Restasis kicked in.

I just asked my doctor about Xiidra and he said it is horrible.  His staff tried it and all had a bad taste in their mouth.

I do also have punctual plugs.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

lorigacc

I also work in an office and am on the computer all day, everyday.  I have been using Restasis for a year now, and still have a problem with it burning my eyes. I have also become sensitive to light (more so after I put the drops in).  I use it before bed because I can close my eyes and fall asleep and not feel the effects. I have had to discontinue the daytime dose, because I can't function with the effects.  My dry eyes (and my dry mouth) are getting worse.  Time for another trip to the eye doctor.  I am really worried about my corneas. :(
Secondary Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Vertebral Compression Fractures, Seizure disorder, Neuropathy
   Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Gabapentin, Prinivil, Amlodipine, Folic Acid, Fish oil, Vit D, OsCal, Align, Ecotrin, Zantac

lorigacc

It is the Restasis eye drops I use.  I am hoping that this extreme dryness is just a flare and passes, but I will make the appointment with the doctor soon.....as I do value my eyesight.
Secondary Sjogrens, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Osteoporosis, Vertebral Compression Fractures, Seizure disorder, Neuropathy
   Plaquenil, Methotrexate, Gabapentin, Prinivil, Amlodipine, Folic Acid, Fish oil, Vit D, OsCal, Align, Ecotrin, Zantac

Lotus1

Thanks for your replies.

It seems restasis isn't that wonderful.

I'll keep searching while applying for the disability pension as I'm over these dry eyes/mouth.

Lotus1