News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Guaifenesin

Started by Sharon, December 08, 2016, 03:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

I tried beginning Mucinex which is generic guaifenesin after I heard it thins mucus.
I had the strangest reaction:
My mouth became extremely dry and my salivary glands became very bloated until I stopped taking it. :o
Can anyone figure this out or is it just another "Sjogren's Mystery"?  ???
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Carolina

Probably just another unique reaction by someone with an Immune Disorder.

I take Guaifenesin twice a day and it keeps me from strangling all night on glue-like mucus as post-nasal drip.

It's hard to know what will happen when we take something...and the only way to find out is to try.

Makes life a challenge!

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,83-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea)-COPD-Inter. Cys-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Erythromelalgia-SIBO-PMR-Adrenal Insufficiency-Hearing Loss-Achalasia-Bacteriurea-Power Chair-IVIG Gamunex 50 gm-Medrol-Wellbutrin-Buspar-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Salagen-LDN-Lipitor-Premarin-Nexium-Om.3-Repatha-KLOR-CON-Maxide

Sharon

Yep, life is definitely a challenge with this!
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....