News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

New day, new symptom

Started by GgcJap, December 05, 2016, 03:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GgcJap

Hi all,
     Today I had sharp pains in my right shoulder blade that moved into my bicep/tricep. I wasn't doing anything apart from standing and I haven't done anything in the last few days I could even begin to think caused it. I could barely and I mean just barely move my arm, this lasted for about 2 hours and then the pain subsided but it's still sore when I move it and it's been 10hrs already.
     Does anyone have any ideas what this is? Could it be related to Sj?gren's? Is this the start of something bigger? So many questions, so few answers.

I go to see my doctor tomorrow but I'm scared he's just going to say it's nothing and then the pains become more frequent and intense.

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

warmwaters

I have moving pain over many large muscle groups. Upper arms, legs, sometimes muscles in the upper shoulders.

It comes and goes, but when I have it, it feels like I've moved heavy boxes or other overuse of the muscles. But of course I haven't done that, it's just a pain that I have.  Using heat or cold on it doesn't help much.  My first rheumy said that it wasn't possible for me to be experiencing this.  My current rheumy, who's pretty knowledgeable about Sjogren's, is familiar with it, and after trying some other treatments, I use LDN at 3 mg, which does help some.

I have a lot of "here and gone" pain - joints, especially the fine joints like fingers and feet, muscle pain and random muscle twitching, especially in my right leg and right forehead, plus neuropathy pain, which can be sharp shooting "electric" pain in legs, back, face, and numbness and tingling in feet and hands.

Good times!
Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

MarieB

I have similar pains.  There is never an explanation but they can be scary.  Mine feel like what I would call muscle spasms or a charlie horse type pain.  In the past, before I was diagnosed with Sjogrens, I've tried muscle relaxers which I think helped some but I'm taking so much medicine now I don't want to add another.  If they get any worse I will.  Good luck. 
Diagnosed w/Sjogrens May2014
SSA >8  SSB >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Antichromatin Antibodies >8 (0.0-0.9AI)H
Anti-DNA(SS)IgG,Ab/Qn 37(0-19EU)H
Began Plaquenil May 2014

SunshineDaydream

I take magnesium glycinate daily to prevent muscle pain, spasms and charlie horse type feeling. Also, look into getting potassium level checked.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

GgcJap

Thx everyone,

@warmwaters: That's exactly what this feels like, like I've been lifting heavy things(a lot) only I haven't. I also tried heat and that didn't work. I'll see what my dr says today.

@MarieB: There is. I explanation that I can think of and the pain has subsided so not so scary now but at the time it was. I couldn't focus on anything but the pain. Good thing is I forgot about my dryness for a while. I really don't want to take anymore medicine. In fact  getting to the stage I don't want to take medicine at all.
   
@SunshineDaydream: My doctor told me not to take any vitamins, but I might have to try it to see if it works. I'll add potassium levels to the list of blood tests I want to get done. I really don't need anymore of these pains, they're terrible.

Thx everyone

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

irish

I think this is just part of the party that we have going in our body. I have had these pains for years. They come and are very miserable and you make a mental note of it and sometimes are reminded of it constantly if it stays too long. Then when you are at the end of your rope it disappears.

I get a lot of really sharp pains in my lower leg muscles and occasionally in the thigh muscles. They come fast and almost take your breath away. Some of these pains I attribute to nerve type pain and other times it is muscle pain. I just take Tylenol when it happens. Some of this stuff is just fast and furious. The good thing is a lot of pain thingys don't always stay long. Irish

GgcJap

Hi Irish,

You're right, it didn't stay long at all. It is only a very slight now but the way it came on was definitely scary. I hope not to get anymore too soon. I didn't take anything for it as I'm almost over taking medicine but if if was more prolonged I can see no other way.

Thx Irish

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

warmwaters

Just a side note: I hear your resistance to meds - I've been there.  I grew up where taking an aspirin was like "oooh be careful, you're taking DRUGS!".

But there's a balance to strike when you've got a chronic illness. What meds might you take to slow the damage the disease does, and give you a reasonable quality of life?  I know it's a pain to try all these different meds, with weird side effects and many of them don't work.  But it's worth finding those that will help you lead the best life you can lead under the circumstances.

Primary Sjogrens, dx June 2009, Immunoglobulin deficiency, axial spondylosis arthritis, IBS, autonomic neuropathy
Omeprazone DR 40 mg, mobic 15 mg, Plaquenil, LDN, B1, B6, B12, D, fludrocortisone, gralise, various inhalers

GgcJap

Thx Warmwaters, I'm taking plaquenil and evoxac at the moment along with thee others for my nose which I finish today. I don't want to have to take anymore but I understand it's a compromise. I think that's just what we all want quality of life and finding that balance between it and the medicine is definitely half of it.

Thx again

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil