News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Where is your eye dryness?

Started by Wal, November 17, 2016, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wal

My eye dryness seems to be in the lower quadrant of my eye. Like the bottom inside of my eye and lower lids are dry and itchy? Does that seem to be everyone else's experience? I can tell the whole eye is dry but the bottom feels the worst!

GgcJap

Hi Wal,
     Im no expert on the matter and my eyes are just dry all over but I did go for a check up the other day(my first one) and the doctor told me I had small scratches down the bottom of my eyes(under my eyelids) and with dry eyes thats where they start. It could have something to do with that?

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

MAT51

#2
Mine are dry all over too but the skin around them isn't dry, peeling or swollen looking and they aren't bloodshot. They look normal but just feel very tight, as if a band is tightening all around the edges. I can't tell where the dryness starts but I know it's a different kind of dryness to what I experienced when I was younger - which was more like blepharitis and conjunctivitis combined with eczema, than the tight stuff I have now. I think that mine might be because of small fibre neuropathy which includes cranial neuropathy. This apparently also causes dry eyes and would explain why it feels bad looks different to the sticky dry eye I suffered as a child and younger woman.   
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

SunshineDaydream

My eyes are dry all over, but the white part between my iris and nose feels the worst, especially my left eye.
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Lotus1

Optometrist told me recently the lower part of my eye is driest, like lemon skins, the upper part smoother like orange skins, left eye is driest.

Forget where, just get the tears flowing please lol

Lotus1

SjoGirl

My whole eye is dry, but there are different reasons for dry eye in Sjogrens. Sometimes the issue is not enough tear production, sometimes the tear film that covers your eye decreases (so tears don't have anything to hold onto).

Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.