News:

These message boards are a friendly helpful place, please post with thoughtful consideration of others. Thank-you.

Main Menu

Prednisone questions

Started by GgcJap, November 12, 2016, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GgcJap

I have been searching the net for a bit now and can't seem to find the answers to this question.

I know the answers differ per person but any input would be appreciated.

How long and how much prednisone do I have to take before my immune system is suppressed?

Not that I want to do this, rather I have a recurring swollen gum and was wondering if the prednisone had anything to do with it.

Thx in advance

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil

Sharon

I don't really have an answer for you but can share my experience:
I was on 10mg of Prednisone for 7 days and had no relief from my SJS symptoms
but developed a salivary gland infection. I'm currently on antibiotics because of this.

Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

GgcJap

Hi Sharon,
     I have been on Prednisone 10mg for 2 weeks and then my new Dr cut it down to 5mg and I've taken that for 5 days. In that time my saliva output has increased a little when not on Salagen. My stomach seems to have become a little better as Im now back to going to the toilet once a day. Other than that I didn't really have any other symptoms. Still Im not sure if its the Prednisone or something else? Anything is possible. :)

GgcJap
38yo Australian M (living in Japan)
Blood work negative, biopsy negative,
Dry eyes, mouth, nose, random muscle pains at random times
Evoxac, Plaquenil