News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Crying Spells

Started by lighthouse33, November 14, 2016, 01:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lighthouse33

I have cried every night since last Thursday.

The first episode came after a horrible fight with a relative who called me "a twelve-year-old living in a 53-year old body.'  It was out of earshot of my mom and I have not and will not tell her about it.  I'm afraid that this comment may lead to a competency hearing after her death to appoint a legal guardian for me.  After this person left, I went to bed and cried.

Now, it seems I have become very quiet but I can keep it together to care for mom.  At nighttime, however, is a different story.

I am already on Cymbalta and clonazepam.  I had talked with the neurologist sometime ago about all of my stress and that my gynecologist had suggested adding Prozac to the mix and she said she would add just a little bit.  But we never did.

Does anyone have crying spells? What have you done to stop them and are they common with Sjogren's.
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

cccourt1942

I haven't cried a tear in about 25 years.  I mean...those lacrimals have hardened.  I feel...so do I feel emotions...yes.  I think it's gotten easier.  I was diagnosed 3 years ago.  I don't have depression...but from your meds, you do.  Depression is real.  It will get better.  Hard to believe...but it will.  And a relative who says something like that may be related to you, but he/she isn't nice nor a friend to you or your mom.  That comment serves no purpose for either of you.

c3
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Carebear

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering emotionally, lighthouse.  You have been through a great deal of stress in the last several years, and I commend you for caring for your mother all this time. 

As for the crying spells, I can relate.  I have been highly emotional myself lately, and I chalk it up to the constant muscle pain I am experiencing, as well as my lack of deep sleep thanks to that pain.  I do think it is common for anyone with chronic illness to be more vulnerable to depression or anxiety. 

I suggest you do consider adding the Prozac if your neurologist thinks it may help.  My personal strategy is to work on my pain management, sleep hygiene, and redirect negative self talk. 

I wish you well, lighthouse.  You are not a 12 year old.  You are a responsible, caring daughter.  Shame on that relative for being so cruel.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Judie P

I am sorry that you had to hear that.  I recently had the same experience, and it will take me some time to accept it.  I find that I cry and feel more depressed when I am low in Vitamin D.  I take that and I feel less depressed.  Sorry again for that you had to hear.  Try to be objective and take a look at who they run their life.  Is it what you would want for yourself?

Love and hugs.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops