News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Sea Buckthorn Oil for Sjogrens Dry Eyes/mouth etc

Started by Lotus1, October 29, 2016, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotus1

Hello everyone

Has anyone tried Sea Buckthorn Oil?

I saw SBO is recommended #1 for Sjogrens.

I'm trying to find the SBO (fruit not seed) as I seem to react with hives to seeds eg olive oil, coconut oil.

There are suppliers in Australia so I'm trying to find the "pure" SBO.

Keeps us busy looking for real help, sigh.

Lotus1

Sharon

Hi Lotus,
Sure does keep us busy searching for remedies. ::)
You may react differently, but my experience with SBO was disappointing.
I took it religiously for many months and experienced no improvement in anything.
Doesn't hurt to try though.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Lotus1

Yes, I'm not getting too excited as I'm used to trialing many things without success, but am hopeful.
If I react hubby can consume.

I noticed Dr Oz was recommending the oil for sjogrens patients with Venus Williams the tennis player who has sjogrens.

I've purchased the berry oil capsules thinking that was what Dr Oz was recommending.

I see there's berry oil drops recommended by Dr Oz so I've probably purchased the wrong item.
Drops may be more potent & said to be of higher quality.

See how things go. I don't like to give up!


Sharon

Never give up Lotus!
It will be wonderful if it works for you.
I had tried the Seabuck Wonders brand in capsules
thinking that was the one Dr. Oz had recommended.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Lotus1

Yeah, Sharon, never give up.

Would be life changing if something like this worked for us all!

Are you going to try the SB Wonders liquid recommended by Dr Oz?

Lotus1


Sharon

After trying their Omega 7 Complete for about half a year at 2000mg daily
with zero results I don't think I'll be trying Sea Buckthorn products anymore
unless I hear something really encouraging.
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Lotus1

Sharon, I don't blame you not wanting to try the liquid dropper after 6 mths failure.

From memory the "complete" is a mixture of berry & seed oil.

I read berry oil has the highest omega 7 content so that is why I'm trying the "berry" oil only, besides not wanting to react with hives to seeds.
It has organic orange oil & silica added.  Premium "deva" brand from NZ.

See how I go.

I'm making inquiries into the exact ingredients in SB wonders dropper liquid oil as I can't find the info on the Aussie website.

It's a shame Venus Williams the tennis player hasn't shared what works for her dry eyes/mouth, to my knowledge anyway.

We soldier on.

Sharon

We soldier on indeed...
Looking forwards to hearing your future update on how it worked for you!
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

Lotus1

I won't get too excited, but it would be wonderful if it works!

Lotus1