News:

New to the boards? Start with "Welcome! What you need to know as a member of this community"

Main Menu

Anyone with Red Stripe Down Center of Tongue

Started by StevenB, November 21, 2016, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenB

For quite some time I've had a red stripe down the center of my tongue.  There really isn't any definitive info
online about that issue.   I've once had geological tongue where my tongue looked like a map but that was
only for awhile.  This red stripe has been constant for some time.   Anyone else with this?

irish

Have you tried googling for redline tongue images??? Sometimes I do images search and it can just go on and on with all sorts of images and I finally find what I need. Irish

StevenB

I have tried that but cannot find any definitive answer.

Nymph

I have geographic tongue or something like it. There are patches where the tastebuds fall out. Then they grow back. It improves when I take a supplement called Neurolink, that also helps my dysautonomia/POTS. I do not know why. At times it has been in the middle of my tongue but I would not describe it as a stripe. I do not know that cause and every doctor says something different. I do know that mine is not B12 deficiency or candida, two suspects. I guess that mine is some sort of neuropathy. I have had it for 2.5 years now.
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

StevenB

Thanks Nymph.  It all started with classic geographic tongue.  I know its not candida as I was checked for it.  My doctor had no idea what
it was.   I had always heard that the look and health of your tongue was a mirror to underlying health issues.

Nymph

YEs, so you would think that doctors would care more about figuring it out.   :P
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot