News:

Just a reminder: if you haven't signed in for six months or more, please do so if you wish to remain active...no need to post, just sign in so we know you're still interested.

Main Menu

Now they say it is CNS...not so sure.

Started by trc1962, October 21, 2016, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trc1962

Had my EMG and the dr. said it was normal enough to not even go above my knees. Now he really wants a lumbar puncture but I have a significant chiari and both my rheumatologist and I am nervous about doing that at all. Maybe I am crazy, but how can these small fiber type symptoms be related to central nervous system involvement? I am just wondering if when they did the skin biopsy in July (on the leg where the neuropathy isn't bad) that it wasn't bad enough to show up? I am grateful - sort of - because I haven't been able to have bowel movements without milk of magnesia and suppositories for 3 months and now I have diarrhea several times a day - although it is not great for elementary p.e.! I do have a second lip biopsy next week and if it is positive then I guess we have direction. Life is never boring that's for sure. Very glad for the weekend!